Before you ask please READ THIS

Slow album load

edited December 2012 in Spaceship Posts: 19
Hi, I am having issues with my albums not loading at all or slowly displaying images. I have tried resizing all my images, disabling plugins and even installing plugins to test the speed of my page loads. I have not had any luck. If I can't find a solution I will have to stop using this theme and find something else as I use it for a photography business, so it is very important to be able to display the images without interruption.

Thanks.

Comments

• AirAir
    Show link please.

As far as I know, loading images have nothing to do with theme but much more with image sizes and server capabilities. Maybe you mean something else? Maybe you can describe some action that will show your issue, that I could reproduce?

I ask cause to load album page smoothly only first two photos are preloaded at beginning, and next are loaded when it is next in queue to show. So if you view second photo, third is now preloaded. And here is race between user connection speed, server speed and image size ;-)

I will wait for more info from you:-)

With regards.
  • www.cx3photography.com

Take a look and let me know if you have the same issue. I have resized the images. So I am not sure what to do from here.
  • AirAir
    edited December 2012 Posts: 10,970
    Your images are not loading at all. Do you use SEO plugin as described here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/2526#Comment_2526 plus got Wordpress 3.5?
    If yes please disable this plugin and soon I will ship update with fix for this conflict. I just can't speed up this upadte as I am ending responsive layout fixes and can't upload unfinished work now:-/

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Yes, I am using Wordpress SEO I deactivated that and it is running much more smooth. There are still delays in the load here and there but it is better.
  • AirAir
    Update with many fixes and tweaks will be soon available on ThemeForest to download. You will get notification in your wordpress admin. This problem is solved in update as well.

With regards and happy new year!
  • Sounds good. I am still getting a slow album transition. I deactivated the facebook plugin also. But still not able to load albums without the delay.
  • AirAir
    Wow!!!
    Just checked, you are pretty!

Sorry not about that ;-)

Your pictures are way to big to load fast. I checked first one and it had 2 MB and you have like 20 photos in your album what gives 40 MB to download in express time.

I know photos are sharp that way, but most user connections can't handle them fast enough, not to mention mobile users.

Here are some guide lines from our designer http://apollo13.eu/docs/spaceship/#!/album_appearance

Hope that helps!
  • Sorry! I'm a bit delayed in checking this forum.

I did "scale" the image size down over a month ago to see if that made a difference. I went into the media library and adjusted the dimensions. Do I need to do something different? Like resize my images and reload them?
  • That was it!! Reloaded an album after saving them in photoshop for web/devices with a much lower image size. Tested it out on one album and it is loading the images at a much better speed! Now to just go through all the images and reload them!!

Thanks so much!!
  • AirAir
    Nice :-) Keep up your great work.

With regards.