Before you ask please READ THIS

Issues with showing Many Portfolio Items

edited December 2011 in Airlock Posts: 16
I have airlock 1.3. I haven't upgraded because I needed to customize some things in the theme but it seems like the theme keeps getting updated again and again and issues are still being discovered.

Right now, I discovered after launching my site that

1. the pagination does not work beyond the first page on the portfolio section. I am currently forced to show all portfolio items together on the site at once.
2. there is no pagination on the home page. When the site loads, it potentially can jam the user's browser when hundreds of my portfolio items load at once when the user visits my site. I need a way to break these down in to pages.
3. because of the ajax based category filtering/sorting (which looks very cool by the way), Only the portfolio items visible on each page at a time are filtered when you click on a category and not all the portfolio items in that category distributed in pages.

My question is, how much of the above problems are fixed if I update to the current version of the theme? Updating the theme now is very expensive for me as I have custom changes in there which I will need to re-do and I can not keep going back updating the theme again and again. Please also let me know how much of the above you are planning to fix in the future so that I update the theme once and re-do my customizations again just once when I know I can have hundreds of portfolio items on the site without overloading the user's browser as soon as they visit the site.
Post edited by alikapadia on

Comments

• AirAir
    edited December 2011 Posts: 10,970
    1. Fixed in 1.4, 1.5 will add extra fix for special matter http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/56/pagination-problem.#Item_13
    2. Added in 1.4, with fix in 1.5 for top arrows not getting back
    3. There is NO AJAX sorting - explained here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/294#Comment_294

If you would like only pagination fixes then version 1.5 will be for you(next week release).

It maybe looking like we still release buggy theme but we don't only fix things, but still add new ones. The thing is that for now there is only two of us here in Apollo13 and it is impossible to fully test everything in every circumstances(that is why wordpress, firefox and other big Teams release beta versions and RC version to public). It looks like every added function need 2 versions to be 98% tested and fixed. I

Anyway If only above pointed things concern you Airlock 1.5 will work for you.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Ok, I will do my upgrade when Airlock 1.5 is out.
    Thank you for all the support and help.