Before you ask please READ THIS

How do you remove all 'lightbox' like effects from hypershot?

edited January 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 2
I want to use FooBox on my website ( http://russellhay.com ) inplace of the 'lightbox' that is provided by hypershot. When I add FooBox, it displays first, but then when I've close the foobox lightbox, the original hypershot lightbox is displaying under it. I tried looking at the javascript (in the uncompressed form, and then edited the compressed form to remove what I thought were the calls to enable the lightbox, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello.

Switch to uncompressed to not make your work harder ;-) http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/#!/advance_menu_use_compressed_js_amp_css

Calls of lightbox we will find in scripts.js
    If you don't want to touch lightbox in album then just remove this (line ~209)

/******* Lightbox *********/
    $e.lightbox();
    If you want to go further and eliminate all calls for lightbox(even in albums) then search for lightbox and nyroModal in code comments. It always appears before some event binding. You should be able to easily delete just this calls.

If you completely remove theme lightbox then go to js/plugins.js
    and remove all lines below

/*
    * nyroModal v2.0.0
    */
    Btw. Do you recommend FooBox ?

With regards.
  • Thanks so much!

I like FooBox alot, it's fast, has quite a few options, and works well with nextgen gallery. It's not a free plugin, though, but it's cheap for single sites, and still cheap enough at the developer level also.
  • AirAir
    Got it, thanks for info :-) I am asking, cause I am searching something different that we could use in new theme. I will check their license and script ;-)

With regards.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 40
    Hi Air and RussTheAerialist,
    I also purchased Foobox for it has an included social sharing function.

I deactivated nyromodal as you proposed in your the eralier post above.
    Now, after activating foobox, everything (postpictures...) except the albums work.
    I get an error "Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ...cpt_album.php on line 289".

It only occurs afte activating the foobox plugin.

Maybe, you have a quick guess?!

If not, I will contact the support of foobox for it it THEIR plugin, which forces this error :)

Regards,
    Max
    Post edited by macmacs on
  • AirAir
    Hello

It looks like plugin is making some call of template but without proper query. I don't know if plugin authors will help you with this. I also don't have time to test it now.
    I could advise only to deactivate all other plugins and make sure that it is foobox plugin indeed. If yes you could send me FTP and WP access(via private message) and I will take a look at this(I may break your site for few minutes ;-) ).

With regards.