Before you ask please READ THIS

Flash in Album Item

edited January 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 39
Hi

How can I insert a flash file into an album ?

Thanks
Gonzalo

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

You can't and it won't work on mobiles as they don't support flash.

With regards.
  • Hi

I know Apple mobile devices don´t show flash unless you hack them. But I really need to find a way to show flash content since I have a great deal of work done in my portfolio in flash. Could you help me find a way in how to solve this?

I have been thinking that the easy way would be to allow html somewhere so you could call an external link or page. Or add a flash option into the options for uploading.

Thanks
    Gonzalo
  • AirAir
    proinsus said: I know Apple mobile devices don´t show flash unless you hack them. But I really need to find a way to show flash content since I have a great deal of work done in my portfolio in flash.
    Yeah that is cool, but main question is : are you making your page for you or for people? Most people won't have hacked phones and tablets - I don't have ;-) You know that Android also dropped support for flash ? I see(in other topic) that you carry about your mobile audience so that is why I am pointing this out.

Anyway, changing this won't be easy. I see possibility that you could enter your Flash as movies in album but you will have to edit some function:
    1. in advance/utilities.php you will have to edit a13_detect_movie function and make it return for example $type = 'flash';
    2. in advance/utilities.php you will have to make a13_get_movie_link function react on type = 'flash'
    so it won't be treated as html5 video, and then you should have your video embeded in album(slider album for sure, and probably also in bricks album).

With regards.

• Air

Thanks for the info. I know they are not suported in mobiles. But I still do allot of Flash work for presentations or exhibitions.

I have only another question. If I make this change )in the child theme?), will I still be able to upload videos and images?

Thanks
    Gonzalo
  • AirAir
    I didn't gave you exact code, cause this beyond normal customization that I can assume as safe. If you do it right, that function will only return $type = 'flash'; if it finds certain pattern then you will be safe.
    I don't know how styling will behave, but I wish you good luck with it!

With regards.
  • Air

Didn´t get an answer for this :)

"I have only another question. If I make this change (in the child theme?), will I still be able to upload videos and images?"

Thanks
    Gonzalo
  • AirAir
    I answered you but probably not clearly :-)
    -So you won't loose ability to add videos if you will do it properly.
    - Do it in child theme, should be safer this way.

With regards.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 39
    Air

I have tried many ways of doing so. But as I told you in another post, my php is very low. So some tomes I make it some don´t. Could you please send me the code ,even though you think it is not safe. That is better than anything. :)

I have searched your site and discovered that Spaceship Theme can handle flash. Maybe the code is the same

Version 1.3 – Updated: 12.09.2012

Added:

Video playback ( Youtube, Vimeo, Native Video(Html5, Flash) ) in albums.

Thanks
    Post edited by proinsus on
  • AirAir
    edited January 2013 Posts: 10,970
    No, it can't handle Flash. In bracket there are only solution used to play native video.

Sorry proinsus, I gave you steps to enable flash, but I don't have time to produce code for it, so if you are not into PHP programming then you have to accept limits of this theme in not playing flash.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Air

Mmmm. That is a real draw back :(

Gonzalo
  • AirAir
    You have to understand that steps I gave is just start to make possible flash "embedable". There could be much more to do to make it behave proper, or even to finally show up. This would be deeper theme customization, which we don't do(free or paid) as we don't have time and man power for that.

However with all that info you could hire someone to make it for you. You can always convert your flash to movies(if it is not interactive).

With regards.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 39
    Post edited by proinsus on
  • AirAir
    I think we over think this issue with no possibility to put flash in album - it would be better if you just prepared submenu with list of your flash works and place each on separate page.
    proinsus said:
    Have to tried with "JW Player Plugin for WordPress" or some other flash plugin?
    Experiment :-)

With regards.