Before you ask please READ THIS

Problems with video on mobile

edited January 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 39
Hi I have a Problem With videos in my iphone inside a Album in slide mode. As you can see in the attached image a video stays in the background when you go into another image.

http://www.proinsus.com/album/night-in-white-dimad/

Thanks
Gonzalo
la foto.PNG
640 x 960 - 324K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

Yeah, videos on iphone acts very nasty and there isn't much to do to solve it in good way. I spend once two days searching for solution for that but there is none great one.

I can advice to you to try using different transition for this album, like slide left, so probably there is a chance it won't be visible. You can also add background color to your photos, but still not sure if this will gave good effects.

With regards.
  • The way I solved was to add a black background & fade transition. And had to put one of the videos in the first place. Before I had them at the end and the problem ocurred. With this rearrange it is solved (kind off)

Cheers
  • AirAir
    Good to know. It really pains me that video in iOS acts this way, and not much CSS has any effect on it. It is lesson for future to not use video in such way :-)

Thanks for info!
  • Air

My Knowledge in PHP is almost null. Is there some kind of Zindex or layers to apply. Because since your last update on the 22, the problem is still there and the info for the albums doesn't appear on front. The videos over take the rest of the album.

Thanks
    Gonzalo
  • AirAir
    As you will read once again my answers, there in solution for that in IOS.

With regards.
  • Air

Mmmm. That is a real, real draw back :( . Since other themes can do so. You can check "Flexible" in eleganttheme.com and "Folio" Two in theme forest. This two themes did so, but had to drop them because they where full of bugs.

Gonzalo
  • AirAir
    I bet that they can't do that with out some HUGE things, but you can post direct link(not some global) so I will check. Video in iOS(for now) will always get all the action in his area, and while videos in our album slider are full screen, they just take over everything. Apple made it this way to make sure that user will have always access to video, although for me it is stupid. However when video is finished playing(not paused) it gives back its area.

Maybe you mean some other issue that I think so. If yes then please screen shots, what device you test on(I use iPad 3 or 4), link to your issue. More details and maybe I will find some strange solution.

With regards.
  • Air

The screen shot is in my first comment in this post. There you can see that the video stays on the background, this is the best scenario. It usually stays in the foreground, and then you cant see any other image in the album.

I´m using an iphone4.

http://www.proinsus.com/album/night-in-white-dimad/

Thanks
    Gonzalo

• AirAir
    I think this is fixed in newest update. Please check and confirm it :-)

With regards.