Before you ask please READ THIS

Shortcode button

edited January 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 38
Hey there, sorry to bother you guys again, but I was wondering where I can adjust the shortcode button. The button now opens the link in the same window. I would like to button to open the link in a blank window. I tried simply adding target="_blank", but that didn't work.
Hope you can help me out again :D
Thanks!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi.

There is no way to do it in just one button however you can copy html of ready button and then instead of shortcode past it in wordpress editor in HTML mode and there add your target="_blank"

With regards.
    Okay, thanks Air, I will try that. But how do I copy the html of the ready button? I get the same code in Visual and Text mode..
    And just to make sure, by HTML mode, do you mean 'Text' mode?
    Cheers
  • AirAir
    Yes, text mode :-)
    Ready HTML you can copy from source when you will publish your post/page. I would give you the code, but there is so many variations of attributes in it, so best it would be to copy it from source.

How to find it?
    Add desired button with some strange text in it like "I will find youuu". Then publish or preview you post go to source of page (in firefox ctrl + U) and search for that strange text and you will see HTML of button :-)
    It will look somehow like that <a class="a13-button" title=""><span>I will find youuu</span></a>

With regards.
    AIR! Hero! It works yet again. Thanks :D