Before you ask please READ THIS

NEW SET-UP ISSUES with Blog & Portfolio

edited January 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 9
I just installed the template and I am having two serious problems that I need help with before I can more forward.

1. PORTFOLIO PROBLEM - the portfolio items are not showing up at all and I am unable to upload images to the portfolio posts to even try out individual pages: http://brandipowell.com/portfolio/

2. BLOG ISSUE - my blog is not showing more than the first page of posts (NO PAGINATION) with no photos and no sidebar. I followed all of the instructions but I must be missing something. Please see my blog here: http://brandipowell.com/blog/

Thank you,
Brandi

Comments

• UPDATE - I have fixed the issue with the portfolio so problem 1 is taken care of.

I still can't get the template to recognize the blog page as the actual blog and therefore still need help with the issues listed in 2 above.

Thank you,
    Brandi
  • In doing more research - I am seeing that the theme is not recognizing my pages. When I am at brandipowell.com the HOME button is not lit up. When you click HOME then it says "Excuse our mess – we are updat­ing and will be back shortly!!!" which I did not write.

I think this is why my blog is not being recognized because when I go to Settings/Reading and set any other page as my posts page - the blog posts and the pagination show-up but then that page is replaced by the blog.

Please help,
    Brandi
  • Hi,
    thank you for information.

Have you manged to fixed your problem.
    If you still have some trouble, please send me your username and password at support@apollo13.eu.

By the way, your site looks great!

Best,
    Miłosz
  • Hi Mitosz,

Thank you so much for your kind comment about my site. Your template is gorgeous and works perfect for my designs.

I did figure out a temporary fix to my site that is probably not the best solution.

Since the template wasn't recognizing my BLOG page, I made another page called blog-posts and assigned that as my blog page. Once I did this, the page called BLOG showed up fine. Technically on the Settings/Reading - the page for blog posts should be the page named BLOG.

I would love to go ahead and email you my login so that you can take a look at the page structure. Please feel free to get back to me with questions. I am not sure that I am explaining things perfectly.

Thank you - Brandi
  • Hi,
    I've got your e-mail. Thank you. I will replay to it.

Best,
    Miłosz
  • I hadn't received any follow-up on this issue so I thought I would try back. I would prefer not to use the "faux" fix that I have made - I would rather have the theme working properly for SEO/google search sake.

Can you let me know if you have had a chance to look at my settings?

Thank you - Brandi
  • I hadn't received any follow-up on this issue so I thought I would try back. I would prefer not to use the "faux" fix that I have made - I would rather have the theme working properly for SEO/google search sake.

Can you let me know if you have had a chance to look at my settings?

Thank you - Brandi
  • Hi :)
    I check your page and send you an email.

Best,
    Miłosz