Before you ask please READ THIS

Issues & Amendments (Permalinks/Slugs/etc)

edited January 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 10
From the top -

Intention: I purchased an .is domain, so I can have

[name].is/a/photographer [portfolio]
[name].is/shooting/subject [static category archive]

among other things.

I will probably, at some point, want to change the slug of the portfolio, too.

--

NOTE: I haven't altered any of the theme template files with the exception of removing the fancybox effect from portfolio pages and adding a few lines of code to functions.php to disable wordpress from making more thumbnails than necessary.

1. My portfolio is currently set to '/a/photographer'. When I mouseover 'Back to Portfolio', it shows the unpretty link. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but I tend to right click > copy link when I'm sending things to people, so if it could be tidy in the first place, that would be fantastic. Any idea how I'd go about doing this?

2. Skill slugs. Right now It says .is/skills/headshots - which is fine if you're an ESL student. I was hoping to change it to .is/shooting/headshots ..so.. categories/skills = 'shooting'. Where would I find this to amend it?

2b. As a bit of an aside - I've not yet seen anywhere outside of the administration interface that actually has 'skills' written (visible without viewing the source code), but if there was a place where the viewer would encounter it on a normal browser page, where would I change that?

3. Same deal with Portfolio. I'm hoping to change the slug.

--

TITLES:

4. The portfolio page has no title.

5. I was hoping to reverse the order of the title, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it and when I copied and pasted the code from my old theme, a 0 appeared after the text.

Home should read: [website title] — [description]
Pages should read: [website title] — [page title]

If there's a way to have the pretty link as the title, then that would be ideal. Ie [website title] [pretty link] —>

—> joe.is /a/photographer (or better still, is there a way to strip the slashes and introduce spaces?)
website title: joe is
page title: a photographer

BECAUSE! /a/photographer is the link, but 'Portfolio' is the page title. And 'joe is Portfolio' doesn't really work too well (or would it just make more sense to install an SEO custom title plugin thing?)

--

In any case - love the theme so far :D

Comments