Before you ask please READ THIS

Skyfashion 1.6: sidebar widgets not appearing on main blog page

edited February 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 6
Hi, this is such a cool theme, and I'm really liking it a lot! I'm having one problem, though. The sidebar widgets appear fine on individual blog posts and on blog categories pages, but not on the main blog page. The sidebar space is there, but no widgets show up. I saw here on the forum that someone else had the opposite thing happening (where the widgets appeared on the main blog page but not on the individual posts). What should I do?

My site is http://monalucero.com , and I can email you a login if you need it.

Thanks so much!
-Mona

Comments

• I almost forgot. One more thing. On individual blog posts, the date is correctly appearing "Left of content", above the tag box. However, on the main blog page the date is appearing above the title. How do I change this?

Thanks!
    -Mona
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 6
    One more thing I just noticed! On the main blog page, there are no "previous" and "next" links (to take me to pages like http://monalucero.com/blog/page/2/ ). These appear fine at the bottom of individual blog posts. Is this related to the two things above?

Thanks again!
    -Mona
    Post edited by monalucero on
  • Hi,
    Have you add some widgets to Blog sidebar or only to Blog post sidebar?

Best,
    Miłosz
  • Oh yes, I have several widgets on both sidebars, but nothing appears on the main blog sidebar. It's completely blank. The individual blog posts are fine.

Thanks!
    -Mona
  • same here!
  • Hi,
    do you have 1.6 version?
    Can you update your theme to 1.8 version?

Best,
    Miłosz
  • I would love to update the theme to v1.8, but I cannot find it. :) I checked my Themeforest account, and all I see is v1.6. OK, maybe there is a typo, because Themeforest says:

Version 1.6 – Updated: 23.01.2013
    * fixed shortcodes adding problem
    * fixed portfolio thumbs problem

Version 1.6 – Updated: 06.11.2012
    * fixed Back to portfolio link problem
    * fixed sorting portfolio layout

OK, I downloaded the theme and indeed it is v1.8. Now I will check how things work...

Thanks!
    -Mona
    p.s. The theme logo says 1.6, so that fooled me as well. :)
    Skyfashion1.6.jpg
    80 x 80 - 5K
  • Hi,
    thanks for information. I will check it :)
    Best,
    Miłosz
  • Thanks, Miłosz.

After I installed Skyfashion 1.8, the main blog page still was not showing the sidebar widgets, even though the page template was set to "Blog". So I made a new page, assigned it the template, and it worked. So then I deleted that page and re-chose the Blog template on my original page, re-saved the page, and then the original page started working correctly. I've seen page templates not working in another theme from a different author, so I'm wondering if this is a WordPress bug.

Something similar happened with the post date position on the main Blog page. The post dates were not all on the left. I edited those posts, and they were already set to "Date position: Left of content", but the dates were showing up above the title. So I checked "Above to title", then checked "Left of content", then re-saved the post. After this, the dates became correctly positioned.

Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks,
    -Mona
  • Hi,
    I tired to reproduce your problem but I had no luck.

It is working ok for you now?

Best,
    Miłosz