Before you ask please READ THIS

Header/footer issue

edited February 2013 in Spaceship Posts: 3
Hello, I bought the Spaceship theme today and I am really really impressed with how you've coded it, with the design and the admin GUI. The only thing I can say is that I'm kind of sorry that I didn't see Hypershot (amazing design) before I bought this one. But I think Spaceship will do. :)

Now, when I started fixing with the theme settings and added images, I noticed that the images are not 100% visible no matter how I configure the appearance. As you know, the header and the footer "hides" quite a bit of the images when setting the album to "fit" or "fullscreen". What I want in Spaceship is the same appearance as Hypershot has, when I try "Fit (small images) NEW!". I hope you understand what it is that I'm after here. :) I've searched everywhere on these forums and in the documentation, but no luck. I hope you can help me out.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Thanks for such kind words:-)

Such behaviour of albums was intended by us in Spaceship and Hypershot, but not everyone liked it after buying theme, so finally in Hypershot we made option to fit between header and footer, but it is not option you have cited ;-)

Here you have emulated option for Spaceship http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/599/little-customization-to-album-full-view but it is not perfect unfortunately. Implementing "real" solution to Spaceship won't be easy, as it were not in Hypershot.

Probably after release of new theme I will sit back to Spaceship and make some update.

With regards.
  • Thank you Sir, for such a fast answer!

Okay, I see! Interesting that people doesn't want to show 100% of their images. I don't think I've ever seen that on any photography site. But I guess I'll have to buy Hypershot and use Spaceship for some other project than my own portfolio. No problem really, it's not super expensive, but it's super great, so we'll both be winners in the end. ;)

• BTW, do you take on commissions (like designing small functions in PHP/HTML5 for Wordpress)?
  • AirAir
    :-) Good to hear that. Still I think such option should land in Spaceship soon, as few people asked about it. Firstly I just wanted to finish new theme :-) but maybe this weekend I will work on some updates.
    graphiteoak said: BTW, do you take on commissions (like designing small functions in PHP/HTML5 for Wordpress)?
    Users ask us for simple tweaks and we answer them here on forum. If something is deeper theme customization, we don't do it(free or paid) as we don't have time and man power for that. You can scan Spaceship topics and maybe you will find something interesting for you.
    Hope this answers your question:-)

With regards.