Before you ask please READ THIS

I couldn't log into WP because "Warning: Cannot modify header information....."

edited February 2013 in Spaceship Posts: 1
Hello,

I couldn't log into my WP until I asked for help from my host. He made a change to the code and now I can log in again. He said something about "line 36 is corrupted... It's basically junk code..." I don't know anything about coding or web design, but I want to keep my Spaceship theme, however I'm fearful to go in to WP and make any changes. My web host spent 45 minutes figuring out what was wrong as a favor, and will not do it again, for "this is a theme issue."

Here is the error I was getting when trying to log into WP:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/96/8921596/html/wp-content/themes/spaceship/advance/cpt_album.php:38) in /home/content/96/8921596/html/wp-login.php on line 368

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/96/8921596/html/wp-content/themes/spaceship/advance/cpt_album.php:38) in /home/content/96/8921596/html/wp-login.php on line 380

I'd appreciate your thoughts/feedback.
Thank you.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello,

This is also can be server/other plugins issue cause it often turn out that way:-)
    Anyway don't bother with them - I will help you :-)

Are you sure that warning comes after saving some options?

Could you please send me temporary access to your WP and FTP(so I could mess with code if needed) so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option to send message) .

With regards.
  • AirAir
    edited March 2013 Posts: 10,970
    Hello,

I have logged in, checked things you have mentioned and found nothing. In original file there is no even line 368 or 380 cause it is only 337 lines long. For me it looks like file may be corrupted. I see the code that was added by godaddy support but I don't know what it should do(looks like it searches for junk code inserted by someone/some script).

So it looks you are safe and if anything happens again then please come back to me:-)

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on