Before you ask please READ THIS

How to add of a picture into a specific album at a defined schedule?

edited March 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 65
Hi,

First I would like to tell that Hypershot is a great theme :-)

I would like to create daily a post with a specific picture (via schedule) and would like to be able to attach the same picture into an existing album in such a way it is being added also in my portfolio.

Can you help me in finding a way of achieving this?

Thanks in advance for your support,

Charles

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there :-)

I don't know of any plugin that allows for such thing but also I have never searched for it, so I have no idea how to accomplish this task.
    I know it would require server side CRON setup to achieve this but this is far too advance for theme support, rather I would advise to hire some programmer to set up such behaviour for you.

If I misunderstand something then please forgive me :-)

With regards.
  • Hello,

Thanks for your reply:-)

Maybe a start for me would be to create a script that adds a specific picture from the gallery without passing by the interface. Then I could manage the execution of the script at the creation of the post.

Could you tell me what file/what functions are used in your theme while saving the content of the form present in the enclosed screenshot ?(available by clicking on "add next image or video" from "edit album")

Hoping I am clear enough

Kind Regards,

addNewPicture.png
    667 x 504 - 22K
  • AirAir
    Hello,

Yes you are clear but this nothing to do with theme specifics as it uses core of wordpress "Save post function" only extended by custom meta fields. So this is whole call of Wordpress instance only with passing proper GET and POST data, maybe COOKIES. This is not easy subject:-) Also I don't know that good this part of Wordpress core.

As I said - I may not be helpful in this task you desire to accomplish :-)

With regards.
  • Hello,

Ok so I will investigate on Wordpress side!

Many thanks for your fast answers.

Kind Regards