Before you ask please READ THIS

Top Navigation Responsive Bug in Chrome?

edited March 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 26
Thought I messed up the css on my homepage with the last update but the main navigation does not work in the live preview on themeforest too. Somehow it uses the mobile viewport for every windowsize. In this case it was 1920px, fullscreen. Chrome on top, ie10 below. Firefox and Safari are also fine. I disabled all extensions, did not help. Any ideas?
2013-03-07-20_41_59-2013-03-07-20_39_32-Hypershot---Photography-Portfolio-WordPress-Theme-Preview---.jpg
1041 x 671 - 166K

Comments

This also happened to both of my websites even tho I didn't update anything.
    www.knapiorkowska.com
    www.slubna.pl
  • AirAir
    OK I will check it out however on my Windows Vista Chrome 25.x your site works good. I know why this could happen but I don't know why suddenly some Chrome version will fake test for touch detection. Please respond with your chrome version and operating system - I will search what is going on with them.

Thanks!

With regards.
    On my Windows 7 and the latest Chrome (25.0.1364.160) also looks good on every resolution (up to 1920px).

Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
  • AirAir
    People who experience this bug on chrome please also go this test http://modernizr.github.com/Modernizr/touch.html and post screen shot of result table (along with your OS and Chrome version)

Here is example of firefox and chrome result I am interested in

With regards.
    firefox.png
    1412 x 117 - 6K
    chrome.png
    1413 x 116 - 6K
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 26
    Okay, here we go:

Version 25.0.1364.97 m

Firefox 19.2

Win7 64bit

chrome.jpg
    226 x 140 - 11K
    firefox.jpg
    186 x 121 - 10K
    Post edited by milesdeelite on
  • AirAir
    milesdeelite I am interested in whole table(click on my images) and only Chrome is important(cause there is an issue)

With regards.
  • Ups... sorry for that. Here is the whole thing.

Chrome: 25.0.1364.152 m
    chrome.jpg
    972 x 122 - 60K
  • AirAir
    That is very bad(so many Yes), cause making any trick(for chrome) here could be impossible. It is either bug in chrome(I found one topic on same issue, but chrome developers couldn't reproduce this behaviour) or some kind of extension to chrome.

Do you use any plugins for Chrome?
    Maybe you have touch screen in your computer?
    Any others ideas what could make your computer different from "normal" one?

Thanks for help.

With regards.
  • Got it fixed... it's... drum roll... the wacom tablet. Deinstalled the driver, now it works. Tested it on two computers, both with a wacom tablet. Very strange.
    chrome-without-wacom.jpg
    1529 x 130 - 69K
  • AirAir
    edited March 2013 Posts: 10,970
    Hmmm that is good to hear there is something real causing such behaviour. I don't know how this tablet interacts with computer, and why it interacts its drivers with your Chrome browser. That it truly odd.

Thanks for info - if any one else will come here with such issue I will point them here.

By the way - you can always enable classic menu for big touch devices in

Hypershot theme-> Apperance-> Customize header-> Classic menu for big touch devices

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    I wrote about the same problem last week.I have the same thing on my computer.I've tried everything and nothing helped...i have the newest Chrome version 25.0.1364.152 m and i have Wacom tablet too.
  • AirAir
    Yup I remember. As this kind of test is popular you will experience same issues on other sites(rather new ones) but not necessary in same way as different developers use it for different things.
    I think it would be good for you to ask Wacom tablet developers why drivers interacts so deeply with chrome browser.

With regards.
  • Thanks Air for this trick:
    Hypershot theme-> Apperance-> Customize header-> Classic menu for big touch devices

Worked for me. I do not have any hope that wacom will get this fixed because they still are not able to get their tablets to work on win8. But that's another story. ;)

Menu is back as is should. Problem solved. Thx a lot!
  • I've found the settings in the recent chrome version that causes the problem:
    open chrome://flags and deactivate the option "Activate Touch Events"

In the current version it is set to automatic by default.
  • AirAir
    Good info:-) Do you have any information what it was set in previous Chrome versions?

With regards.
  • It was added in beta builds in August 14, 2012. Touch Support was added to Chrome 21. Got the information from here:
    http://palladiumblog.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/chrome-adds-experimental-support-for-desktop-multitouch/
  • AirAir
    Thanks for the link. We will see how the situation will progress. However touch events where longer available in chrome, maybe just without multi touch. Anyway whole situation doesn't make anything easier in our scenario:-)

With regards.