Before you ask please READ THIS

Top Space Problem

in Photon Posts: 12
Hello apollo13,

I'm having a problem with the top space setting for the Photon theme.

I cannot remove the top space from he homepage. I was toggling the different settings with the top space option and enabled it in the pages layout option but when I disabled it again, the top space remains on the homepage!?

So I wish to remove the top space from he homepage but whatever setting I try, the top space remains and it is not the desired look for my homepage. I hope you can help.

Thank you,

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

First thing I need to know is what is your hompage? Album, list of albums, static page? Can you post live link?

With kind regards.
    Hello Air,

Thank you for your response.

Sure thing, I'm using an Album for my homepage/static.

The build is currently in process but you can view here: https://umbala.photography/private

Thank you.
  • AirAir
    OK. As this is Album you have to set top space in Albums layout. Check screen shot. If you however wish to have some top space on every album but don't have on this one, we will have to write custom CSS for this.

With kind regards.
    ss-2015-06-18_12-36-25.png
    295 x 423 - 12K
    Hello Air,

The problem I am having is that the top space is always showing, even when completely switched off in theme settings. I cannot get the top space removed from the homepage at all - it just stays there!

I have disabled top space in album settings as well as disabled top space in pages settings but top space is still there - definitely a bug in the theme :/

Please help :)
    I just removed the top space setting in the blog layout options and this has brought the homepage back without the top space, as I would like it.

Setting the blog top space option seems to affect the homepage as well - can you confirm?

Either way, there is a bug there for you guys to explore ;)
    I can confirm that in the customiser, i just disabled the blog layout top space option and this also removed the homepage album top space. This is problematic now as I cannot set the top space to the blog layout without it affecting the homepage as well - any ideas guys?
  • AirAir
    Kibwezi said: The problem I am having is that the top space is always showing, even when completely switched off in theme settings
    Due to its cascading nature it is not easy to say when it is completely switched off in general :-)
    Kibwezi said: I have disabled top space in album settings as well as disabled top space in pages settings but top space is still there - definitely a bug in the theme :/
    I have tested this and albums Layout settings work on single album(on my installation).
    Kibwezi said: Setting the blog top space option seems to affect the homepage as well - can you confirm?
    Nope, changing it didn't set change anything for me while having single album on front page.

I suspect either some plugin is interfering, with what you are setting, like cache plugins, or some setting, theme or wordpress, are conflicting each other.

Could you please send me temporary access(create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail) to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Thanks for data.

I can see that mysteriously your front page album is having classes for blog list page. I can't yet find what is causing this in your case, as still it works proper for me. I will search further.
    Maybe you had some plugin that changed your site previously?

With kind regards.
    Hello Air,

Thank you for taking a closer look - much appreciated.

I did have the Booking System Pro plugin enabled, that may have messed things up?

Do you think creating a new homepage album would solve the blog reference/classes?
  • AirAir
    I have created new album, refreshed Reading settings, and settings of front page in customizer and now it works. Looks like that plugin might messed it or it was some coincidence.

Please test it :-)

With kind regards.
    Nice one Air - great job ;)

Thank you very much for your help, truly appreciated. I'll be tentative with the plugin when I have to re-enable it but not too sure if that was the cause, but I'll report back if I find an actual culprit.

Have a great day :)
  • AirAir
    I think you can activate it. If you face problems again, then try to deactivate it, and change settings two times to different values so they will overwrite, or come back to me ;-)

Good luck!

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    I had experience with such plugins, where often you will have to change theme to different, and then back to proper, so negative changes from "coming soon" plugin will vanish. But don't worry - I got your back in such case;-)
    Cheers Air - much appreciated :D
  • Now I'm having the same issue for my home page. Top space won't go away : (
    http://d85.bf4.myftpupload.com/
  • AirAir
    Hello there:-)

You don't have any to space there(top space has exactly 0px height). You have set static page as your front page, and white area is content of page not top space. You need to explain what you wish to achieve :-)

With kind regards.
  • Aha! I'd like to have a full cover background and float some nice formatted text links per attached. Maybe even hide the menu bar until they've left the landing page?
    Limited.jpg
    2950 x 1967 - 283K
  • AirAir
    Hmm you wish to have landing page. We don't have such feature currently, but this is probably good idea. However to achieve what you want, you will have to custom code it. However if you will start new topic I can try to help write some CSS rules that will hide many elements on this special page of yours.

With kind regards.
  • Dear Air - I deleted a bunch of pages off the demo installation of Photo and seemed to have broken my full screen slideshow : ( http://d85.bf4.myftpupload.com/ I know how to go into customize front page and have the 'full-width-slider' selected but it's still going to the blog?
  • AirAir
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,970
    You should start new topic if you wish to talk about such thing. I will divide it.

Can be found here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/3297/different-layout-for-small-screens-iphone#latest

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on