Before you ask please READ THIS

Slideshow in Hello Text

edited September 2012 in Airlock Posts: 13
I want to put a Slideshow in the Hello text of Airlock using plugin Slideshow Gallery.

This code from the plugin does not display sideshow gallery pictures when in the Hello text window:

[slideshow gallery_id="Frontpage"]

where Frontpage is the title of my Gallery.

Nor does this work, when inserted to Hello text window:

<?php if (function_exists('slideshow')) { slideshow(true, "1", false, array()); } ?>

What type of code do I use to put a Slideshow in Hello text window using Slideshow Gallery?
Should I be using another slideshow plugin with Airlock?

Thanks very much,
Ruby
http://coldfusionnow.org/

Comments

• AirAir

Hello.

Unfortunately hello text area is not for any other content then text.

Code you tried to insert into text area you should add to php file. Go to airlock/front-page.php and at almost end of file find:

function apollo13_hp_get_welcome(){
                    global $apollo13;
                    $hp_hello_text = $apollo13->get_option( 'design_options', 'hp_hello_text' );
                    echo '<h1 class="hello-text mm">' . nl2br( $hp_hello_text ) . '</h1>';
                }

and change insert there your code, so it would look like:

function apollo13_hp_get_welcome(){
                    global $apollo13;
                    $hp_hello_text = $apollo13->get_option( 'design_options', 'hp_hello_text' );
                    echo '<h1 class="hello-text mm">' . nl2br( $hp_hello_text ) . '</h1>';
    if (function_exists('slideshow')) { slideshow(true, "1", false, array()); }
                }

It should do the trick.

With regards.

• Thank you Air, The slideshow is working.

http://coldfusionnow.org/

The whitespace on the side is a little too much space. I will work on this.

I really dig your vibe with the space themes. Unfortunately, I have readers that need text with more contrast, and so I am changing your palette. But it still has that 2001 Space Odyssey feel.

Thank you so much for your help. I am not a programmer. I just want a cool clean energy site.

Do you know if there is a way to turn the Slideshow off or on (so it does not appear) other than editing the code?

Thanks again,
    Ruby

• AirAir
    Great it worked.
    In current situation best thing for turning off slideshow is to comment this line you have added. To do this just put two slashes( // ) in front of line code with slideshow, like here:
    //if (function_exists('slideshow')) { slideshow(true, "1", false, array()); }
    You can always do this form Appearance->Editor->front-page.php so you don't have to log to FTP or anything :-)

With regards.