Before you ask please READ THIS

"X" out option for "works" and "people"

Hi there,

I noticed if someone clicks on a Team member picture, or a picture from the "works" section, it enlarges into a full page slider. But once you're done with the slider, there's no "x" out option to go back to the site. Is that something can be customized or added on our own?

Thank you!

Comments

Please provide an url to your website
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • This is our "test" site: http://beta.evolve-group.com/

And I am having some difficulty in getting the "works" to look similar to the demo site.
    Ok, I'm not seeing anything wrong on your site.
    Can You please provide some screenshots of what's the problem?
    All the Best.
  • Hi Surgeon, I guess what I'm asking -- and I'm thinking it isn't an option -- for the ability to "X" out of the modal window of the works shortcode. So when a visitor comes to the site and clicks a picture to view more, they're able to click an "x" or "close" button rather than having to click the back arrow of the browser?

And also, I'm having difficultly getting my Works shortcode to look similar to the Chill out demo. How can I get the featured image to be on the top, with content in the middle, and "Similar works" with photos beneath?

Appreciate your help!
    Hi
    ashley_evolve said: I guess what I'm asking -- and I'm thinking it isn't an option -- for the ability to "X" out of the modal window of the works shortcode. So when a visitor comes to the site and clicks a picture to view more, they're able to click an "x" or "close" button rather than having to click the back arrow of the browser?
    but this is how actually it works. look at scr1.png - there's an 'X' icon.
    ashley_evolve said: And also, I'm having difficultly getting my Works shortcode to look similar to the Chill out demo. How can I get the featured image to be on the top, with content in the middle, and "Similar works" with photos beneath?
    While editing work item - find 'Layout mode of single work in works list.' and set it to 'Info box over the image'
    as for similar works section: this is odd, but somehow this is off, I'm quite sure it's because some tests have been performed and the code hasn't been cleaned. So we'll fix that in upcoming update.

In order to do the quick_fix for You - I need a login credentials to admin panel. If You can send me those - please do it via private message.
    scr01.png
    1856 x 901 - 123K
    All the Best.
  • That's strange, I see the "x" at the top of the modal window on Firefox, Internet Explorer but not on Google Chrome--which is the browser I've been using.

Please log-in and do the quick fix. I'm private messaging you now.

Also, I can't get our Team short code to work properly either. I've attached a layout that we want (it's similar to the Chill out demo) and when editing the short code in visual composer, I am not seeing how I'm able to do this?

team-layout-mock-up.png
    792 x 612 - 70K
    ashley_evolve said:
    Please log-in and do the quick fix. I'm private messaging you now
    Done. But You need to assign each work item to its proper genre, because similar works are fetched by Work Genre.
    see scr02.png

ashley_evolve said: Also, I can't get our Team short code to work properly either. I've attached a layout that we want (it's similar to the Chill out demo) and when editing the short code in visual composer, I am not seeing how I'm able to do this?
    edit each item people item You want to display by Team shortcode, change the 'Item size in grid view' parameter ( the small items on your design are of size 1x1, and the wide one is 3x1). As for ordering those items - use 'Order by' and 'Order way' parameters in Team shortcode edit panel.
    scr02.png
    1150 x 626 - 51K
    All the Best.
  • Thank you so much Surgeon, you have been very helpful!