Before you ask please READ THIS

RSS Feed Question

edited March 2017 in Hypershot Posts: 14
I am currently trying to setup the RSS feed on my website and am having some problems. Is there anything within the theme that could be blocking the RSS feed? If so, how can I fix this?
Post edited by stevetague on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

It depends what problems you really encounter, cause I remember, when Hypershot was still popular(3 years ago), we have solved issues with RSS that was reported.

PS. Weren't you moving to different theme ? :-)
  • I will find out from the person setting up the feed for me. I will be purchasing FatMoon but wanted to get this resolved before I tackle transferring everything to a new theme. Will my site transfer over to FatMoon easily while keeping the site map the same? I am concerned about losing some of the seo I've been building.
  • AirAir
    stevetague said: Will my site transfer over to FatMoon easily while keeping the site map the same? I am concerned about losing some of the seo I've been building.
    It should be good for most of content. However I am not sure how it will go for Albums as they are registered as custom post type, and it may differ from one that is in FatMoon theme.
    You can always try to copy your site to some staging server, install there FatMoon trial version( http://apollo13themes.com/fatmoon-wordpress-theme/ ) and check how it behaves.

With kind regards.
  • Thank you! Here is what the RSS feed issue seems to be: The theme is inserting code that says no feed available and then says to visit homepage. But the site should have feeds for the main site and portfolio post type. Please let me know if you need access to take a look.
  • AirAir
    Live link would definitely help. Have you checked does it work on default WordPress theme?

With kind regards.
  • Yes, it does work on the default.
  • How should I send you the login information?
  • AirAir
    Click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message".
    In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.
  • AirAir
    stevetague said:
    Yes, it does work on the default.
    I have been on your site, I have changed theme to Twenty Fourteen(for a quick test) and RSS feed still didn't work, so it is not theme related as I see it.
    It can be either one of plugins or some modification done by you.

Can't help, sorry :-(

With kind regards.
  • Ok, thanks for looking into it for me.