Before you ask please READ THIS

Blog Page layout

in FatMoon Posts: 30
I’m struggling to design the blog page how I want it to look, there seems to be no options to add page elements to the posts page? Is this locked down within the theme if I select the page as 'posts’? Ideally I want to add and an image header that matches all my other pages rather than just the plain black Blog text.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

Have you tried Customizing ▸ Blog settings ▸ Posts list - title bar ?

Hope this is what you are looking for:-)
    Thanks that’s better, gives me a bit more control. I have added in header image, but how can I change the header font? I don’t want to use theme default.
  • AirAir
    edited March 2017 Posts: 10,970
    bobbyd said: but how can I change the header font
    You mean Font face or font color/size?
    Font face you set in http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/fonts_settings
    Colors/sizes you should be able to set in same options of title bar.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    I only want to change the header font for the BLOG page to match the font i’ve used for other pages. The attached example for contact page uses a ‘custom heading’ that doesn't use the theme default. I want Blog title to match this. Is the only by changing the theme header font which will in affect change all headers on the site which i don’t want to do.
    blog header.jpg
    1356 x 345 - 272K
  • AirAir
    OK now I understand. So for you, best thing would be to be able to add this title with Visual Composer, right?

I am at home already, but I will check tomorrow is there an easy customization that will alow to add content at top of blog page, what do you think about it?

If possible I will also add it to next update.

With kind regards.
    Yes ideally that would be good if that's possible..I would like to have big title and small sub title above as per contact page. Thanks.
  • AirAir
    OK, check if this solution will suit you.

1. Install this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/add-editor-to-page-for-posts/stats/ to enable editor on blog page.
    2. Go to file fatmoon/index.php line ~75 and before this code:

//filter
    					if($apollo13framework_a13->get_option( 'blog_filter' ) === 'on'){

Insert this:

global $post;
    					$page_for_posts_id = get_option('page_for_posts');
    					if ( $page_for_posts_id ) :
    						$post = get_post($page_for_posts_id);
    						setup_postdata($post);
    						the_content();
    						rewind_posts();
    					endif;

Now you should be able to add content to blog page.

With kind regards.
    thanks for the tip. For now I have switched off the blog page as the ‘posts’ page and just designed a standard page how it want it to look with header etc and placed a posts grid within it to display posts. I guess this isn't the right way to do it, but it works for the demo version of the site. I will look into your suggested method at the next stage of the sites development.