Before you ask please READ THIS

Pinch Zoom for Album Images in Mobile Mode

in Photon Posts: 33
Hello, I would like to know if there is a way to enable pinch zoom, in mobile mode for my album images. When the light box is open, i am not able to zoom into the images.

Thank you!
Yog

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

You can enable zoom controls of lightbox if you like.
    Appearance -> Photon Advanced -> Miscellaneous settings -> lightGallery zoom controls

For pinch zoom you will have to edit header.php file and from line ~14
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1,maximum-scale=1,user-scalable=no" />
    remove this string ,maximum-scale=1,user-scalable=no.

With kind regards.
    Thank you for the help. I am still having an issue. I see that when i turn on 'lightgallery zoom controls', i am able to use pinch zoom. But when it is turned off, I can no longer pinch zoom. I would like to not have the zoom icons at the top and still have the zoom feature enabled. Please let me know if there is a way I could make that happen.
    Thank you!
    Yog
  • AirAir
    Have you tried modification that I have explained in previous post? It should enable pinch zoom on whole site.

With kind regards.
    Yes I have applied the modification. I went to the header.php file under wp-content> themes>photon-a13 and removed that part from line 14. I am able to pinch zoom on the whole site, except when i open up the lightgallery. I cant zoom into the images. and again, i would like to keep the lightGallery zoom controls disabled.

Thank you
  • AirAir
    I have been just on your site to check. This lightbox script probably don't allow pinch zooming cause they implemented swipe mechanism, and pinch is automatic canceled. It is common issue on scripts that handle swipe. Nothing that can be done about it

With kind regards.