Before you ask please READ THIS

Add to cart

edited October 2017 in Rife Posts: 45
Hi, maybe its me just getting very confusing how you guys set this add to cart from gallery up, so in order for a picture to be added to cart from an album or gallery it needs to be associated with a product in the shopping cart, right. So if there is 200 photos in the cart that the client have bought, how will i know what photos they are ? as what it show in the cart is the picture for that shop product that is associated with the picture.

How can i know what pictures the customer bough unless i create a product for every picture i have in the galleery, and that would be just insane as there will be more that 2000 of them.
Post edited by Air on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

You are totally right in your thinking.

This feature was created for different thing - to use album to sell real products. Something like special page with selling ability.

You can of course sell photos that way(Create product, connect it with photo in album), but like you said - this is only possible for low quantity of items, as it is too much work.

Our theme doesn't have selling ability on it is own, and none theme should have such. This is plugin territory, and requires hell of work and maintenance.

If you want to sell 2000 photos on your site, I would look for plugin for WooCommerce that converts images to products(hopefully there is such), and then eventually setup album or two, with featured photos, and connect them to products with Add to cart function.

Hope now it is more clear, in way of "how it works" and expectations:-)

Photo proofing was created for different purpose, but you can already read about in links I gave you earlier.

Do you have any other questions or ideas with knowing all of above?

With kind regards.