Before you ask please READ THIS

Is it possible for the awesome Scroller Parallax grayscale effect to also work on mobile...?

https://demos.thewebstylist.com/rife/
or pls be added to a Rife update? One of coolest slider styles anywhere and so easy to setup!! that grayscale effect just adds great pop and focus to the center image, just would be awesome to have on mobile view too!
BIG UPS!!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi there:-)

Like we explain in documentation http://rifetheme.com/help/docs/content-management/shortcodes/scroller/ "Effects are switched off for devices with resolution lower then 1024px, as they usually don’t have enough power to animate them."

Sure I can add option to switch it back on, but first please try it out on few mobile devices and tell me about you experience.

Go to rife/js/script.js line~4120 and change this
    if(effect !== 'off'){
    	if (size > break_point[2]) {
    		$scroller.addClass('effect-'+effect);
    	}
    	else{
    		$scroller.removeClass('effect-'+effect);
    	}
    }
    to
    if(effect !== 'off'){
    	$scroller.addClass('effect-'+effect);
    }
    This change will enable effect on mobile.

I am interested in your observations about it speed on mobiles.

With kind regards.
  • Heyyy Air, finally getting back to this

I did just as you said but now the site pages are white. I tripled check your code here and the js file I downloaded and edited in Brackets and reuploaded over the original file but all pages are white. Not sure how this broke the visibility of everything (not a big deal as still just a demo but would still luv have the mobile BW/to Color scroll slider flavor on mobile view, and to test out speed so i could report back to you how it was on some phones view.

Appreciate any thoughts forward!
    I posted on forum asking if WooCommerce was friendly w Rife and having a demo for would be awesome if it was (posted separate new post as u suggested w new issues/inquiries)

BIG UPS!!
    Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 11.25.00 PM.jpg
    2008 x 1546 - 347K
  • AirAir
    edited February 2018 Posts: 10,970
    Hey there!

Form your screen shot I can tell that you left too many closing bracket } , and now you have JavaScript error. Please try again and first remove code and then insert new one, so no bracket will be left alone :-)

Or just remove closing bracket from line 4124 :-)

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Whoops just realized I didn't get back to you Air.... parallax looks great on mobile! attached iphone screen capture vid. Yes would be GRT to have Mobile Parallax On/Off options in Rife in future update pls Mobile parallax one of my top favorite flavors to add to site designs and I've never had a client complaint about phone view or load issue. Most everyone has good phone these days to handle some extra script loads etc
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v87scsdyc4lbitv/ScreenRecording_03-04-2018 18-44-44.MP4?dl=0
    BIG UPS Sir! #RIFEROCKS
  • AirAir
    I thought you were asking about grayscale effect in "scroller parallax" in album, but on your video I see background parallax.

So which one we are talking about? :-)

With kind regards.
  • Ohhh I apologize, that's right... so what should I change in the attached file (maybe you can edit real quick and I will upload to make sure I don't don't anything wrong) Thanks SO much sir Air!
  • AirAir
    edited March 2018 Posts: 10,970
    Hi Sterling:-)

You have all details explained in messages above, what to change exactly.

As a web developer you should be able to easily do it.

If however you find it difficult please send me temporary access to your FTP so I could do it for you. Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

Have a great day!
    Post edited by Air on
  • Ahhhh you're right (of course) when the before and after slides are BW on mobile it scrolls 'choppy' not nearly as smooth as before

and I'm not really a web developer but web designer, I've Very 'right brained'/creative/visual but I continue to learn as I can the back end etc, I just can't be good at everything if you know what I mean (I wear a ton of hats and rarely have to ever outsource for anything any client could need for graphic art, web design, media and full brand creation) My overseas tech guy been with me for two years but he is busy with his own business but does site speed optimization, SEO, database and runs my VPS https://thewebstylist.com/services/ I do all else but yes plan this year on getting better at CSS and html (deep stuff like javascript way over my head) Big thnks for your assist and total awesome Air and RIFE!
  • AirAir
    Yeah, I know too well "I wear a ton of hats". I hope you didn't read my message as harsh :-)

So back to case: I don't see any way to enable this grayscale transitions on mobiles for now, but believe me- once I will find a way I will add it right away :-)

Have a great night & day Mr. "Hat Man" Sterling Williams (high five!)