Before you ask please READ THIS

Translation

in FatMoon Posts: 55
Hi!)
I installed WPML plugin. Set language switch. Put it in footer.

On desktop version - all is OK.
On mobile version I can't see it. I want that in the mobile version the language switch is under the menu icon in the center of the screen. It can be done?)

Comments

also on tablets...

You can check it: gotovyy.com
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

You have placed your language switcher in footer widgets that are hidden on mobile when using the vertical header. I think it would be better to use language switcher in menu - this way it will be available on mobile also.

If you like I can then help you to hide this "sub-menu" on desktop so it will be only visible on mobiles/tablets/smaller devices. Then you will have you cool language switcher available on desktop/big devices.

With kind regards.
    Sure, I want)

I think it would be better do not use widgets. Help me to place language switch in menu (desktop) but on the same place as right now.

For mobile, if it is possible, I want as on attached image.

Thank you)
    IMG_8CAE7404E46A-1.jpg
    640 x 1136 - 157K
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

I think you didn't understand me.

I meant to add the language switcher to main-menu, so it will be part of your main menu, and cause of this it can't be moved from it(like on your screen shot). See http://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/translations/translating-site-with-wpml/language-switcher/

What I offered is:
    1. On big devices(above 1024px) user will see your current language switcher from widget, and switcher from main menu we will hide with CSS.
    2. On small devices widget is hidden, so we will show again language switcher from main menu.

Once you will add it, I will prepare custom CSS for you.

With kind regards.
    Yes, I did it. Also I want the switch in the menu to be displayed in a row, not a bar)
    And I want to hide footer on mobile devices
  • AirAir
    edited May 2018 Posts: 10,970
    rb91u said: And I want to hide footer on mobile devices
    Use this custom CSS:
    @media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) {
    	.header-vertical .whole-layout > #footer{
    		display: none;
    	}
    }
    rb91u said: Also I want the switch in the menu to be displayed in a row, not a bar)
    Language switcher was usually displayed in form of sub-menu, where selected language was a parent of the menu, and other available languages where available in sub-menu.

As each language is separate menu item, they can't be displayed one by one, unless you will make such modification in theme code/CSS. However this modification is beyond support forum.

So it would work a bit different then you imagine, like this: image

In WPML setting switch to "Vertical structure" to achieve this:

With kind regards.
    screenshot-192.168.1.2-2018-05-15-19-30-14.png
    280 x 294 - 3K
    screenshot-192.168.1.2-2018-05-15-19-31-15.png
    353 x 151 - 3K
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    One thing that I can say after this topic - I think I will have to add better default theme language switcher place for the vertical header, as it doesn't have one currently as horizontal header have.

This way it could be displayed more closely to what you have imagined. I will add it to my TODO list.

With kind regards.
    Thanks!
    I added, but still have both switchers on desktop.
    And still have something like footer on mobile (look at the picture)
    IMG_1A481F900FFA-1.jpg
    640 x 1136 - 111K
  • AirAir
    rb91u said: I added, but still have both switchers on desktop.
    Sure you do have it, as I didn't gave you CSS for hiding yet :-)

Add this Custom CSS to hide "menu" switcher on big devices:
    @media only screen and (min-width: 1025px) {
    	ul.top-menu li.wpml-ls-menu-item {
    		display: none;
    	}
    }
    rb91u said: And still have something like footer on mobile (look at the picture)
    Sorry my bad here, I have updated CSS now. Please use updated code instead.

With kind regards.
    Thanks a lot!)
    Another small-small problem - look at the attached file.
    On hebrew version "to-top button" should on the left side)
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

I don't see any attachment, but like I said FatMoon theme is not RTL ready yet.
    However, after we will finish all stuff concerning GDPR, I will look into some basic RTL changes.

With kind regards.