Before you ask please READ THIS

Elementor pro footer function not working with theme

Good day,

I have a Elementor Pro license and was trying to replace the footer inside the Photoproof theme.

However, when i am running Elementor Pro and have the footer created, it turns off the header and makes the whole page dark.

I then reverted Elementor and Elementor Pro back to the old version where it was unable to do headers / footers and the problem was gone.

However, is it possible to get the Elementor footer working with the rest of the theme?

Thanks!

Comments

• I played around with it even more, once i set the footer to no display conditions (basically take it off every page) the theme header comes back and everything goes back to normal.

I am also putting every page on "default template" as i have referred to other threads similar to mine.
  • AirAir
    Hey there:-)

Personally, I haven't played with Elementor Pro Footer/Header feature. In the last version of the theme, we have added support for a plugin that was used for this before it was implemented in Elementor Pro.

You can read about it here https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/plugins-recommendations/header-footer-elementor/

As for this new feature - I will have to check it how it works to give you a precise answer.

I will not be able to test it today, so I will reply tomorrow probably.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    darrenho97 said: However, when i am running Elementor Pro and have the footer created, it turns off the header and makes the whole page dark.
    darrenho97 said: I am also putting every page on "default template" as i have referred to other threads similar to mine.
    Yes, canvas mode disables all theme features like explained here https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/plugins-recommendations/elementor/elementor-canvas/

As for using the Elementor Pro custom footer feature:
    They advertise it as working with any theme. I have followed instructions from this movie

Look at 1:00 before they refresh the page - you will see there is theme header & footer from The Twentyseventeen theme. After refresh, there is no header & footer.

I must say I am not impressed by this. It looks like that any page that uses these custom header/footer from Elementor Pro is automatically displayed in canvas mode, which as you know, disables some of theme features & styles.

Maybe better try "old" way https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/plugins-recommendations/header-footer-elementor/

Anyway - you know that PhotoProof footer is constructed from widgets? So you have a lot of customization options.

With kind regards.
  • Hi there. Tried to use the Header Footer Elementor plugin as an option, but its not appearing. Is it still supported?
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

What exactly did not work? Header or footer, or both?

Have you disabled theme header & footer in theme options?

With kind regards.
  • What I'm trying to achieve is - Header used from the theme, footer used from the plugin.

I didn't know that you had to disable both.

The problem occurred when I tried to use the footer from the plugin, the page will turn grey and the theme basically gets messed up.

Is the way that i suggested above possible to be implemented?
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)
    darrenho97 said:
    I didn't know that you had to disable both.
    You don't. I just asked did you switch off what you wanted to change(footer in this case).

Be sure you didn't mark option " Display Layout automatically on Elementor Canvas Template? " as it switches off most of the theme parts.

Read more about what canvas do https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/plugins-recommendations/elementor/elementor-canvas/

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Just as an update - since version 2.1.0 of theme there is officially added support for Elementor custom headers & footers. Big thanks to jasonser for helping with tests!

With kind regards.