Before you ask please READ THIS

Rife Pro Rebro theme

2»

Comments

You can go and see it still doesn't work. Even if i change the setting twice...
  • AirAir
    I have changed your top bar, works fine. Please check again.

1. Change
    2. Publish.
    3. Change again.
    4. Publish(2nd change).
    Where are you defining the pink? I see white appear in the settings? And on the french page its a white background.
  • AirAir
    In Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Variant light – overwrites → Top bar - Background color like we have talked before.
    Got you That! was the problem. I was trying to modify it from the Customize -> Headers Settings --> TopBar menu. ANd there nothing changes. You have LOGICALLY you guys did it well to make those changes from the overwrite !
    Anyways i can insert other things in that topbar? like login or language options?
  • AirAir
    djovani said: You have LOGICALLY you guys did it well to make those changes from the overwrite !
    I am not sure I understand this sentence, sorry.

Overwrites are tricky but powerfull. However, that is why we suggest users to not use them and switch them off unless they need to achieve certain effects. Otherwise, they can confuse you. https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/customizing-the-theme/header/variant-light-dark-overwrites/
    djovani said: like login or language options?
    You mean link to login? Yes, sure go on. These settings work normally from default Top Bar settings Customize → Header Settings → Top bar.

With kind regards.
    I just meant that when I understand it properly it totally makes sense. I was trying to make it work a way it was not intended! hehe
  • AirAir
    Great to hear that from one person at least :-) Users generally hated this ;-) But only those who wanted a simple header, no fancy color switching.
    No honestly as I am getting through to how it is meant to work I really like it. No flaws in your logic guys. Just me who was trying to go too fast.
    Hi Air,

I am breaking my head against the wall. But the wall is almost collapsing... When I reimported pages the shop went bizark on me, and impossible to hook it up again. I am at the verge of restarting everything from scratch... But... Maybe its something simple I am not seeing, in woocommerce the proper page of products is hooked up. But I either get a dramatic error or nothing in any of the imported pages...

What do you advise?
    And also the people list shortcode is giving me big problems whatever i do to update the featured image doesn't work.
    I mean within the People content type.
  • AirAir
    Hey, djovani :-)

Maybe try a different approach, cause it seems you are getting a lot of extra work cause of enabled plugins.

Try disabling every plugin and work for now with the bare theme, or with how it is after clean import(Rebro design in your case).

Then start adding your needed plugins after you are done with the basic setup of your site. You will then easily see if, and how they affect your site behavior.

About the issues you have mentioned above:
    It is a very general description of the issue, and I am not sure what are you really facing. If you could describe it with more details.

With kind regards.
    That's exactely what I discovered yesterday. I leave all the problematic ones for the end and have their plugins deactivated. I totally now got the hang of page creation and it all works just great!
  • Hi Air,

I've mostly got the hang of things with Rife Pro. The more I use it the more I like some things. But I left an annoying problem hanging for a while now. The shopping pages don't work properly (you either get a permission error 500) or you can get products but without hooking the page to woocommerce. Which prevent its from functioning properly.

I would be very grateful if you can spare some time and have a look at it. Maybe its something silly. I've been going through the disabling of every plugin and checking if it worked but even alone it continues to behave like this.

Thank you in advance for your help
  • I just found this maybe it can help:

2018-08-17T19:30:46+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_option() on null in /home/codemoa8/public_html/wp-content/themes/rife/advance/theme-options.php:31
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/codemoa8/public_html/wp-content/themes/rife/advance/theme-options.php(7187): apollo13framework_setup_theme_options()
    #1 /home/codemoa8/public_html/wp-content/themes/rife/advance/class-apollo13-framework.php(198): require_once('/home/codemoa8/...')
    #2 /home/codemoa8/public_html/wp-content/themes/rife/functions.php(22): Apollo13Framework->start()
    #3 /home/codemoa8/public_html/wp-settings.php(426): include('/home/codemoa8/...')
    #4 phar:///chroot/wp-cli/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/bin/wp-cli.phar/php/WP_CLI/Runner.php(1174): require('/home/codemoa8/...')
    #5 phar:///chroot/wp-cli/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/bin/wp-cli.phar/php/WP_CLI/Runner.php(1100): WP_CLI\Runner->load_wordpress()
    #6 phar:///chroot/wp-cli/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/bin/wp-cli.phar/php/WP_CLI/Bootstrap/LaunchRunner.php(23): WP_CLI\Runner->start()
    #7 phar:///chroot/wp-cli/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/bin/wp-cli
  • AirAir
    Hey there:-)

1. Have you made any modifications to theme either in main theme files or by the child theme?
    2. What version of theme do you have currently? If 1.11.2 be sure to have also Apollo13 Framework Extensions in version 1.4.3

With kind regards.
  • I never touched any of the theme files. Yes its 1.11.2 and framework is on 1.4.3
  • AirAir
    Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create a new ADMIN account with a fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password