Before you ask please READ THIS

Can the lightbox be used with the slider?

DanDan
in Rife Posts: 4
I would like to enable the lightbox that the bricks album has on the slider album type instead of the pause/play action that happens currently.

Thank you. Loving the experience so far!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey Dan :-)

Happy to have you here :-)

I believe what you are asking for is beyond theme capabilities. I never had such request about the slider before in the last 8 years :-)

If you are looking for full-width images that open to lightbox I would suggest setting bricks album to be 1 column wide - images will then take full width.

Is that what you are looking for?

With kind regards.
  • DanDan
    Hi Air,

It might help to give an example and explain the type of images my client wants to display in the slider.

So, if you take a look at the MetaSlider plugin and their companion plugin MetaSlider Lightbox, you will see what I am hoping for. However, I don't want to use that approach as it takes 6 additional plugins and doesn't look as sleek as the lightbox you are using.

Now, the reason I want this over the bricks approach is because the images are if paintings my client is doing. They want the slider to display each of them one by one, but then show them in a lightbox when clicked. Since they are all different shapes and sizes (some landscape, some portrait, some square), the bricks layout isn't as fluid.

Thanks,
    Dan
  • AirAir
    Hey Dan :-)

It makes useful sense.

We have an option in slider "Fit always" that makes images always visible in the slider, no matter what orientation is the image.
    Opening to a lightbox or adding any other way to enlarge the image, so it could be zoomed, sounds like a logical extension.

However, it will not be an easy task to implement this and I can not promise you this in any quick update.
    I mean it will not be easy for me, as I have to make sure that it will not create conflicts in the various way that slider can be used and not break optimizations.

Another thing is that I have many higher priority tasks currently on the plate:-)

To sum up: Cool idea, but I can not deliver it into the theme in any short amount of time.

But you know what: I will check if I can do some dirty implementation of that quickly tomorrow(I am leaving the office for today).

With kind regards.
  • DanDan
    Hi Air,

I completely understand! Thank you for considering it.

I am also investigating a dirty option, but obviously prefer something clean. My current approach is to hijack the JavaScript function and call the lightbox instead of the pause/play action. Not sure it'll be easy, clean, or even work, but that's what I'm looking at in the meantime.

If you do happen to come up with a method, I could certainly debug anything that would be problematic in my instance. Since it's a new site with no other plugins, my situation is easier.

Thanks again,
    Dan
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

So here are the changes you have to make in code, to make it work.

First, disable minified scripts.
    Go to plugins\apollo13-framework-extensions\features\assets.php line 7
    change
    $suffix = ( defined( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG' ) && SCRIPT_DEBUG ) ? '' : '.min';
    to
    $suffix = '';

Next, go to apollo13-framework-extensions\assets\js\a13-slider.js line 680
    and change
    if(!just_paused){
    	playToggle();
    }
    to:
    if(!just_paused){
    	//playToggle();
    	var $items_list = $root.prevAll('.gallery-media-collection'),
    		$items      = $items_list.children(),
    		$item       = $items.eq(current_slide_number);
    	$item.click();
    }
    Tested - it works :-)

I will think how to make an option out of this and check how it affects videos in the slider.

With kind regards.
  • DanDan
    Amazing! Exactly what I looking to achieve. A much quicker and cleaner approach than I was attempted.

Thank you, Air! Keep up the awesome work. I look forward to writing up a review post to highlight how you all are doing it right when it comes to WP themes.

Cheers,
    Dan
  • AirAir
    Thanks a lot Dan for such kind words. It is very nice to read this on Monday morning.
    Thanks also for the coffee as well!

Have a great week:-)