Before you ask please READ THIS

Upgrading Fat Moon - child theme

in FatMoon Posts: 32
Hi Guys,

I have finally got around to update the theme and I have run into trouble. I have child theme off to the side of fat moon. Our page does not look right since the upgrade. If I go into the editor it all looks ok but it does not reflect on the live site.

www.weseggs.com.au

Any help would be great

Cheers

Wes

Comments

I re-published the page from the editor and it seems to have come good.
    I do have a few errors that are being generated though.
    Theme error:
    Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_option() on null in /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-content/themes/fatmoon/advance/sidebars.php:54
    Stack trace:
    #0 /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): apollo13framework_add_sidebars('')
    #1 /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
    #2 /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #3 /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-includes/widgets.php(1715): do_action('widgets_init')
    #4 /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): wp_widgets_init('')
    #5 /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
    #6 /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #7 /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-settings.php(525): do_action('init')
    #8 phar:///usr/local/bin/wp/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/php/WP_CLI/Runner.php(1191): require('/www/weseggs_93...')
    #9 phar:///usr/local/bin/wp/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/php/WP_CLI/Runner.ph in /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-content/themes/fatmoon/advance/sidebars.php on line 54
    Error: The site is experiencing technical difficulties.
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

Please try going to the customizer and change anything, save changes, and revert back to previous settings.

You may need to reset some settings after this, probably for the theme header, but we will see.

With kind regards.
    Ok

I did that and now the front end looks ok
    I am still seeing some fatal errors with the slider related stuff

15-Aug-2019 09:26:47 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: custom_sidebars in /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-content/themes/fatmoon/advance/sidebars.php on line 55
    [15-Aug-2019 09:26:47 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: custom_sidebars in /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-content/themes/fatmoon/advance/sidebars.php on line 59
    [15-Aug-2019 09:26:47 UTC] PHP Notice: register_sidebar was called incorrectly. No id was set in the arguments array for the "" sidebar. Defaulting to "". Manually set the id to "" to silence this notice and keep existing sidebar content. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.2.0.) in /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4773

Im a bit unsure how to sort this, the theme is also conflicting with the REST API is some way shape or form. Thats what Kinsta are saying anyway
    Here are the current list of issues

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-product-addons/classes/class-product-addon-cart.php on line 313
    Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-product-addons/classes/class-product-addon-cart.php on line 330
    Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-product-addons/classes/class-product-addon-cart.php on line 363
    Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-product-addons/classes/class-product-addon-cart.php on line 382
    Notice: Undefined variable: custom_sidebars in /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-content/themes/fatmoon/advance/sidebars.php on line 55
    Notice: Undefined variable: custom_sidebars in /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-content/themes/fatmoon/advance/sidebars.php on line 59
    Notice: Undefined variable: custom_sidebars in /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-content/themes/fatmoon/advance/sidebars.php on line 59
    Notice: register_sidebar was called incorrectly. No id was set in the arguments array for the "" sidebar. Defaulting to "". Manually set the id to "" to silence this notice and keep existing sidebar content. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.2.0.) in /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4773
    Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /www/weseggs_935/public/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-ips-templates/includes/wcpdf-template-functions.php on line 56
  • AirAir
    edited August 2019 Posts: 10,970
    Hey :-)

Most of those notices from the last message are from woocommerce.

I think that the part about custom sidebars should be easy to solve once you get to the customizer → Custom Sidebars and add there new custom sidebar, save options, and later remove it if you don't need it.

I will also try to do it once I be able to log in.
    Weseggs said: the theme is also conflicting with the REST API is some way shape or form. Thats what Kinsta are saying anyway
    I would need much more details. First, let's fix PHP notices from the theme.
    Other notices come from "woocommerce-product-addons" plugin.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on