Before you ask please READ THIS

Changing Layout of Shop Page with Customizer

csicsi
in Rife Posts: 13
Hello,

Love this theme! First time using it and having a few roadblocks.

I am having trouble creating the layout of the Shop Page with the Customizer. There is a section at the top with 3 products in a vertical line that I cannot figure out how to turn off - it does not look very good (screenshot 1).

I would like the sections that are showing in screenshot 2 to be at the top of the page (Categories, then Products).

Also, can I edit the size of the product images anywhere? I am not seeing it in either Customizer or WooCommerce Settings...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)
    csi said: I am having trouble creating the layout of the Shop Page with the Customizer. There is a section at the top with 3 products in a vertical line that I cannot figure out how to turn off - it does not look very good (screenshot 1).
    Could you share a live link so I could see what is going on in the code?
    csi said: I would like the sections that are showing in screenshot 2 to be at the top of the page (Categories, then Products).
    Please also share a link, as I am not sure what is this element, and if it is even controlled by theme or Elementor.

csi said: Also, can I edit the size of the product images anywhere? I am not seeing it in either Customizer or WooCommerce Settings...
    Do you want to change the size of the whole brick, or literally size of the image?
    You could either switch to smaller/bigger number of columns or select bigger/smaller layout size - images will adapt to it.

With kind regards.
  • csicsi
    edited September 2019 Posts: 13
    Hi Air,

I would like to change the size of the entire brick if possible. I would like 4 brick columns and 3 rows maximum of products on the main shop page. I tried changing the columns/rows but it doesn't seem to be working, maybe I have something set up incorrectly.

Best,
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

It seems like something is set in not the best way. I would like to take a look inside.

1. Please tell me do you want to keep those products at the top that are placed vertically currently?

2. Could you please send me temporary* access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create a new ADMIN account with a fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

*temporary - please delete this account after I am done, for your safety!
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

So those products at top you have added by editing Shop page.
    So you can remove them by yourself.

As for columns and rows - currently you have set to display categories in front of the shop instead of products, but that is not the problem.
    Currently, you have 5 categories, so that is why you don't see more.

However, I had to disable the plugin that was interfering: WooCommerce Product Archive Customiser
    Instead, I have set everything in theme settings in Customizing → Shop(WooCommerce) settings → Products list → Bricks columns.

Hope that helps.

With kind regards.