Before you ask please READ THIS

SVG Icons Won't Resize

csicsi
in Rife Posts: 13
Hello,

Thanks for all your help with my last support issue! I have run across another one and I don't see any other discussions regarding it.

I have a "Certifications" section with icons showing our different certifications. At first, I had the icons as PNGs and they would resize to whatever dimensions I set but they kept showing up blurry. So I switched them out for SVG icons and they look great! Very crisp and clear, however; I cannot resize them to the appropriate size.

I tried creating smaller SVG icons as well and no matter what size the actual file is they keep showing up like the screenshot below....Giant...

I would like them to be about 150x150 pixels or 200x200 pixels max for each icon.

I will PM you access to look at the site.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

SVGs are tricky as they are not real images, but rather small documents.
    Working with PNGs may be much more intuitive. You would have to probably make them the bigger size to not go blurry:-)

Any way we can try to work with SVGs.

Could you please send me temporary access to your Website so I could check there what is going on in the source code? Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

Thanks for the access.

As SVGs are not images, they don't have various sizes, so you can't choose thumbnail in a classic way.

In this case, you will have to manipulate the width of the row/column like on a screenshot below.

Just be sure to resize your browser window after each change, so script can adjust cell sizes in the slider.

With kind regards.
    screenshot-dbl.69d.myftpupload.com-2019.10.03-15_49_41.png
    1598 x 599 - 89K
  • csicsi
    Worked! Thank you! The trick is resizing the screen/window while still in elementor, then the SVG size change registers, then publish live.

I appreciate the help!
  • AirAir
    Glad to hear that. Thanks for the feedback!