Before you ask please READ THIS

Missing Page Details Section on New Custom Post Type

csicsi
in Rife Posts: 13
Hello,

I have created a new Custom Post Type called "Jobs" but when you are on a Job Page the "Page deatils" section that is on a normal Posts is missing. (The area where you can turn on/off theme settings such as page padding, global title settings, etc).

Screenshot 1 is the Job Post type where it's missing, Screenshot 2 is the regular post type where it is showing correctly.

I used the CPT UI plugin to create my custom post type.

I couldn't find any other discussions regarding this topic...

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

Custom post types don't have custom fields from the theme.

Each post type introduced by Rife theme and the companion plugin, have their own fields. Same for pages and posts.

So by default, none of those will be inherited to your custom post type.

Adding them would require a whole lot of custom coding across all the theme.

So there is no solution for that.

With kind regards.
  • csicsi
    Dang, there's no way to duplicate a post type so it retains the same Rife theme settings?

The only thing I really need to do to the career/job pages is to add top and left padding to the Job Title. I would like it to be narrow content width and about 40-60px padding above the job title from the menu. That way it looks aligned with the content.

Or can I just get rid of the default title placement completely and have no title there? I could create the title in Elementor instead...

Any ideas on how to do that on the non-themed post type?
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

I would do it with custom CSS, if you need such simple changes.

Please send me a live link to a page where you need those changes, and if possible, mark on the screenshot what you need to change, and I will try to prepare custom CSS for you.

With kind regards.