Before you ask please READ THIS

Sidebar above content on mobile

HTVHTV
in Rife Posts: 5
Is it possible to display the sidebar on mobile above the content? We would like to use the sidebar for the child-navigation. On a desktop it looks great, but on mobile it is displayed below the content and thus is not useful as a child-navigation.
Thank you in advance!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

Please try adding this custom CSS:
    @media only screen and (max-width: 600px){
    	body.page #col-mask{
    		display: flex;
    		flex-direction: column;
    	}
    	body.page #secondary{
    		order: -1;
    	}
    }
    It will kick in only on the pages, and on the devices that are less than 600px wide.
    Please check is it what you are looking for. We can always tweak it further :-)

With kind regards.
  • HTVHTV
    That already worked. Thank you! :-) Is it possible to add a title to the sitebar with children pages?
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

Maybe not to the sidebar, but you should be able to add a title to the widget that you are using for your menu. Or you are not using any widget at all, but children navigation feature?

With kind regards.
  • HTVHTV
    Not using any widget. Just the children navigation feature. Its great for the different sub-pages :)
  • AirAir
    Great:-) So, in this case, we will have to modify some code.
    Go to rife\advance\utilities\menu.php line ~92 an change
    echo '<div class="widget a13_page_menu widget_nav_menu">
                        <ul>';
    to:
    echo '<div class="widget a13_page_menu widget_nav_menu"><h3 class="title"><span>Your title</span></h3>
                        <ul>';
    You can later move this change to the child theme, to keep it safe while updating the theme https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/modifications-of-theme/changing-theme-functions/

With kind regards.
  • HTVHTV
    Hey Air, that worked nicely. Thank you :)

Sadly a new problem has arisen. On some pages we want to show the sub-sub-pages and on other pages we dont. The automatic child navigation side-bar is sadly not flexible enough.

A few solutions we thought of:
    - Is it possible to hide the third tier of pages, so parent-page-PAGE?
    - Is it possible to add a actual worpress menu to the sidebar via MenuSwapper?
    - Rife allows to add custom sidebars, but we cant find a the place to modify the custom sidebar. Then we could place them via the great site-settings. Thought it would in widgets or somewhere.

I hope you understand what I mean. We really enjoy working with the theme and the Apollo extensions otherwise. Love them for a non-coder!

On a side note: The breadcrumbs dont seem to work :(

THank you a lot again.
    Kind regards

PS: Our page: http://www.htvtest.de/
  • AirAir
    Hey Sebastian!
    HTV said: Sadly a new problem has arisen. On some pages we want to show the sub-sub-pages and on other pages we dont. The automatic child navigation side-bar is sadly not flexible enough.
    As far as I remember you can decide on each page how you want sidebar to behave. You can do it in Page options https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/content-management/pages/pages-options/
    HTV said: Is it possible to hide the third tier of pages, so parent-page-PAGE?
    Not sure what you mean here. I would need more details.
    HTV said: Is it possible to add a actual worpress menu to the sidebar via MenuSwapper?
    Sure, add it as a widget to page sidebar https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/basic-setup/widgets-sidebars/
    You can also asign custom sidebars to each page, however MenuSwapper should be enough.

HTV said: Rife allows to add custom sidebars, but we cant find a the place to modify the custom sidebar. Then we could place them via the great site-settings. Thought it would in widgets or somewhere.
    What do you mean by modifying? In previously mentioned "Page options" you can choose sidebar to be displayed on each page, and widgets to that sidebar can be added in Appearance → Widgets.

HTV said: On a side note: The breadcrumbs dont seem to work
    Let's try to not mix too many cases in one topic. Please be sure you have installed plugin for breadcrumbs https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/plugins-recommendations/breadcrumb-navxt/
    If it is not that, then please start new topic about it.

With kind regards.
  • HTVHTV
    Hey Air,

with your help I found the widget options at Appearance → Widgets. I thought I had to work on it in the customizer. Now I found it and add all the sidebars with their respective navigation. Thanks :)

Breadcrumbs worked out, too. I forgot about the plugin. Maybe add a note in the customizer, that a plugin is required. Wasn't shown in mine. :)

Thanks again. Mood is good again! :)
  • AirAir
    Great that you were able to succeed! Keep it like that :-)

With kind regards.