Before you ask please READ THIS

Auto updates failing

in Rife Posts: 13
Hello, I keep getting emails saying that my theme (Rife Pro) is failing to update. I just logged in and updated it manually, but why is it not auto-updating? Please advise and thank you!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

I am aware that it happens on some installations, but I wasn't able to pinpoint why.
    For now, it is a "known issue", but without a solution.

With kind regards.
    Well that is not exactly the news I wanted to hear. So what do I need to do moving forward? Is this something that you will work on finding a solution? Please advise.
  • AirAir
    I have spent many hours on this issue and unfortunately, I am not able to solve this, so until some new information will popup it will remain unsolved.

The issue is hard to debug, as it happens somewhere on Cron and SSL level, however, I am not sure. Not my specialty, unfortunately.

With kind regards.
    So I am just supposed to live with it? lol

Should I ask my web host about the SSL? See if there is something they can see on their end? I would like resolution of some sort. Or maybe I should upgrade to a new theme.
  • AirAir
    Sorry, but I don't understand laughs here.
    I have admitted that I can not currently solve this issue.

If the auto-update feature, that was released with WordPress 5.5, is essential for you, then I don't have anything for you right now to make you stay, as this is a "known bug" but without a solution currently.

I will take another shot at this case in this week. Maybe this time I will find out why WordPress rejects getting auto-updates from our server, while manual updates work fine.

In theory, it should be the same system processing both.
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

Just wanted to hop in to inform you that I have a breakthrough in this issue. After many hours of debugging it started to auto-update :-) YAY!

I am done for today, but tomorrow I should be able to polish the solution, and starting next update, it will work for the "next next" update :-)

With kind regards.