Before you ask please READ THIS

blog post featured image not loading on older posts

my front page is setup to show blog posts in a masonry format, and specifically only the featured image of each post. Currently only some featured images are showing. The images that are loading are the most recent published. I changed publish dates on some posts and the image appeared, but then stopped loading later.

to work around this at the moment I have to disable lazy load on scroll and use on click next. I also have to get rid of the post lists filter. (When filter list is on it doesn't load featured images.)

I have set lazy load on scroll and filter lists on so you can see what I'm talking about. I'm not a coder and I can't figure out for the life of me what is going on. any help would be appreciated!

https://gabeleonardart.com/

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

It seems that JetPack plugin is replacing images with 1px GIF, and it doesn't replace it back with proper image after load, and that is why you don't see images.

Not sure which option it is in JetPack that adds this 1px GIF, but if you will disable it, it will work fine.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    If you like, I can try to apply the solution to your website, and if it works, I will also release it in the next theme update.

Please let me know :-)
  • thanks for the response. let me try that. What is jetpack anyway?
  • I can't find a way to disable it. how can I have you apply the solution for me?
  • still having issues. Let me know if you can help me apply the solution please.
  • AirAir

Sorry for missing your previous post.

Could you please send me temporary* access to your WordPres so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create a new ADMIN account with a fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

*temporary - please delete this account after I am done, for your safety!

• I followed up with the message, let me know what you find out. thank you in advance!
  • AirAir

I have disabled "lazy load images" from JetPack and currently, it is working fine :-)

https://wordpress.com/support/settings/performance-settings/#lazy-load-images

I will try a code solution also so that it won't happen again. So please give me one more day to play with it.

I will let you know as soon as I am done.

With kind regards.
  • thank you!