Before you ask please READ THIS

SEO Focus Keyword & Album Content

edited March 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 65
Hi,

How could I modify the Album content in such a way this one is being considered by search engines?

For Pages,Posts, everything is ok. Modifying the Album description doesn't improve the result.

Please see the Wordpress SEO screenshot for a better understanding of what I am trying to explain ;-)

Thanks in advance for your support,

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

You can't modify it easily. All content for Album is loaded via JavaScript with data in JSON.

I know many users are obsessed with SEO plugins and that is nice that so many people worry about their content:-) But in case of albums many people is also concerned about their photos will be stolen by google(and everyone else). When we developed album part, protection of photos wasn't our main idea, but now I can see it as advantage ;-)

But back to topic to make this content indexable and still working as it should you will have to print all the data of album photos/videos in some kind of <div> with set visibility: hidden; in template. That will give search engines access to it.

Next you will have to remove all of it(or maybe not) with JavaScript just before script will run to prepare album.

It is not very hard but it is lot of work which I won't do for you, in any case not till we release new theme(2-3 weeks). So if you have some coding skills and really need it then you can do it :-)

With regards.
  • Hi,

Thanks for your fast and precise answer (as usual :-))

Not sure I will have the expertise to do this coding, but I will try anyway as for my concern SEO on these albums is more important than "preventing" the content to be stolen.

Kind Regards
  • AirAir
    Then I think, when time comes, I will prepare this option as update with option to turn it on and off. Keep your fingers crossed that I finish new theme as soon as possible cause it is more then two months now of intense developing:-) and then I will have some free space for updates of previous themes :-)

With regards.
  • So good luck with your developments :-)

Do you think that creating a new post per album which will contain a full description as a content and a link to the album page would be a workaround for it? Or would it be in a way considered as duplicated content by search engines?

Kind Regards,
  • AirAir
    Thanks;-)

As for now as there is no content visible in albums(for search engines) it won't be duplicated at all. After we will add "SEO support" then maybe ;-)

With regards.
  • Ok. Thanks for your answer.
    Keep on the great work :-)
  • AirAir
    Hello

I am now in a middle of preparing update. I just ended making album to be visible to search engines. However SEO plugin still says that it doesn't see keywords in content. I think it is cause of that, that it looks for it in editor, that is disabled for albums. So it will be fake report even if keyword will exist in names and descriptions of photo:-)

If you have any suggestions please add them now ;-)

With regards.
  • AirAir
    Hello,

This issue have been fixed in new version. You can download it on themeforest : http://themeforest.net/item/hypershot-photography-portfolio-wordpress-theme/3391790

With regards.