Before you ask please READ THIS

Mouseover - Darker thumbs in Slider Album and brick theme to normal thumbs

edited March 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 36
I have another question.I don't know if it's been awnsered.
When you are in "Slider" mode on home page..the selected photo(album) or the one you hover with your mouse gets this pattern and gets little bit darker.Is it possible that i reverse all that.I would like that the selected album is normal when is selected or you hover with your mouse and all the other albums are little bit darker.It will point out the selected album more.

I just think that the albums or photos in brick mode would pop up more when the proces would be reversed.That the album(in slider) and photos(brick mode) would be just a little bit darker..no patern..nothing..just darker..and the one you select or hover over whit your mouse gets normal.

i don't know anything about CSS or work with it and i really don't want to mess something up.Would it be a problem for you to tell me what to do or write a code?If it's not so complicated..

Thank you!!
Regards

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello again:-)

Use this custom CSS
    .bricks-album .brick .cov{
    background-image: none;
    opacity: 1;
    filter: alpha(opacity=100); /* IE 8 */
    }
    .bricks-album .brick:hover .cov{
    opacity: 0;
    filter: alpha(opacity=0); /* IE 8 */
    }
    With regards.
    Wow,you are really fast :).I think that better this way because you can focus more one the photo you like.

Can you do the same for the thumbs on home page on "Album lists" ?
    And can you delete the loop icon over the photos.When you open the gallery every thumbnail has loop icon...so that just one you select have loop.

Thx for all the support and good work!
  • AirAir
    Sorry Yield but nope:
    1. Loop is part of cover we just switched over, so without customization of PHP template it is not possible.
    2. Even if we would do such customization loupe wouldn't be visible(almost) on most light photos without cover.

Here is code to turn off all loupes and play buttons(for video)

.bricks-album .brick .cov:after,
    .bricks-album .brick .video:after {
    display: none;
    }
    Yield said: Can you do the same for the thumbs on home page on "Album lists" ?
    I don't know what thumbs you mean cause above code work for Albums list(bricks) and Single Album(bricks).

With regards.

http://www.hrvojegolubic.com

Here in the home page.

Too bad for the loop :(...i will switch it to the old settings because i don't want to have the loop on all of the thumbs.
    Anyway this is my subjective thinking...that it would look better this way,even if you remove the loop completely.Because ih you put lot's of color photos with differend sizes or even with the same sizes your eyes wonder around the screen.
    I think it would be more simple and you would be focused on selected photo more.
    And the loop would be in the little dark box....and that goes too for the text on the thumbs on the main page.Because you've said that thumbs in "Album list" got pattern on mouseover because of the text.

I think it would be really perfect with that and it would look even better.That is just my opinion as a photographer.And i had to ask you is it possible.

Keep up the good work,and thx for all the help! :)
    Regards
  • AirAir
    Yield said: Too bad for the loop :(...i will switch it to the old settings because i don't want to have the loop on all of the thumbs.
    Yield said: Anyway this is my subjective thinking...that it would look better this way,even if you remove the loop completely.
    Have you read my post? I gave you code to switch off all loupes, isn't that good enough?:-)
    Yield said: Keep up the good work,and thx for all the help! :)
    Thanks!

With regards.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 36
    No, i missed it.But i've seen it now and it's woorking and looking great!!
    KUDOS to you :)!!
    It would be nice if you can do that for the thumbs on main page(Albums list..even if you remove the text) ...but you will say i am pushing it too much :)

Thx once again!
    Regards
    Post edited by Yield on
  • AirAir
    Yield said: It would be nice if you can do that for the thumbs on main page
    Sorry missed it in rush of topics:-)

Here you go, use this custom CSS
    .albums .cover{
    }
    .albums .item:hover .cover,
    .albums .item.active .cover{
    }
    With regards.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 36
    Ouuu yeahh!
    That's it!...it looks much better now and selected photos(albums) are more in focus this way...and the text is perfectly visible..even on white :)
    KUDOS to you once agin!

Regards!
    Post edited by Yield on
    hi, i really love the fact that you can make the "overlay" on the photo disappear but where I put that custom css? put it random at albumlist.php? hope you can help:)
  • AirAir
    USe plugin like this http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/pc-custom-css/ activate it, and next go to Appearance->Custom CSS. There you can insert your custom CSS. If it won't work be sure to set Permalinks like explained here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/3831#Comment_3831

With regards.
  • Air said: Hello again:-)

Use this custom CSS
    .bricks-album .brick .cov{
    }
    .bricks-album .brick:hover .cov{
    }
    With regards.
    And if I want the similar thing for slider?
    And what options on patterns and transparency we can use? =)
  • AirAir
    Best start would be to run separate topic :-) Next show me what you got(live link) and maybe we will figure out something.

With regards.