Before you ask please READ THIS

Google Translate Language Selector

edited March 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 65
Hi,

I would like to insert a language selector on the top right corner of the theme (next to the play & search functionalities)

Is it something feasible? If so what are the files I should focus on? Any guide lines?

Thanks for your support :-)

Kind Regards

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

I think you should start with searching for plugin that will enable such thing(I think I saw one some time ago) - selecting languages.
    Next we will try to put it somewhere so it won't break responsive layout.
    We will probably be editing header.php

With regards.
  • Hi:-)

Thanks again for your fast answer.

On my side I tryed many plugins but it was not really working as I expected. What I did is that I modifyed header.php and directly add a google translate button.

Functionally, it is working good but I still have two small details to fix :

- My language menu is being displayed before the "search" and "play" button. I would like to put it at the right side instead... Don't know where to move my code to do so as it has been already put after the block of the music player (play/pause) button.

- In order to get the same style for my button, I would like to know what font/color are being used for the search and play text in the Hypershot theme.

If you can help on this, my language bar would be integrated perfectly to your great theme:-)

Kind Regards,
  • AirAir
    I understand you are customizing without knowing tools as Firebug, or Chrome Console?:-)

Link please to your site, and then I could help you.

With regards.
  • Hi,

Got firebug but not really familiar with it;-)
    Normally the language bar only shows up if your browser language is different than english.

Here is the link:

http://shot.hol.es

Thanks for your support:-)

• AirAir
    Try this CSS

#google_translate_element{
    float: right;
    }
    #google_translate_element a.goog-te-menu-value {
    font-family: PT Sans Narrow,sans-serif;
    font-size: 12px;
    font-weight: bold;
    line-height: 30px;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    }
    And move your code before code of search so it will display on right side.

With regards.
  • Hi,

Yes, this is it :-)
    Thanks for your support!

Kind Regards
  • Hi,

Well, If you know how to apply the same output to the items of the dropdown list, that would preserve my hair ;-) Can't find any detailed documentation on google translate element properties...

Kind Regards,
  • AirAir
    I have tried but styles of this list are not reachable. So it have to stay like this.

With regards.
  • Ok, Thanks for trying!

Kind Regards,
    Nice idea !!!

I tried to add your CSS as well, but nothing appear on the top right side ;-)

What I missed to integrate same feature? Do I need to integrate code into header.php?

Best,

Jimbo
  • AirAir
    As I see in this topic, user charlyzbox added some custom code. I don't know what it was unfortunately.

With regards.
    Thanks for your answer. I find some article about that on Google. I will try to integrate myselft ;)