Before you ask please READ THIS

Menu

edited September 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 9
Hello guys,

I have two questions, if you can:

1) is possible to change the menu responsive graphics? I would like to see the text "menu" instead of graphics (see attachment)

2) is possible to remove link from the main menu without using personal link? stefanocompagnucci.com/wp/ the element "works" I like the subtitles but it would be better without link

thanks Dario

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

If you have more then one case to talk about then please add every case in separate topic(read more here), cause if this topic will have more then 3 answers, it will make chaos by answering to different points of first question. I believe you can imagine this :-)

Back to questions:
    1. I don't know your reason for that but if you are worried about your users then there is no need to add word instead of icon as it is common web pattern and users recognize it very well, read more http://mobile.smashingmagazine.com/2012/10/08/the-semantic-responsive-design-navicon/ . Also there is added 'Main Menu' text for screen readers so most users should be safe ;-)

However if you really need, use this CSS(it will show text for screen readers):

#access.touch h3.assistive-text{
    background: none;
    border: none;
    height: auto;
    text-indent: 0;
    width: auto;
    }
    dariogam said: 2) is possible to remove link from the main menu without using personal link?
    I don't think so. It is only way to use custom link with empty URL.

With regards.

• Sorry for double post.

1) I solved it by changing #access.touch h3.assistive-text

2) Is possible to use the native description of menu? Maybe adding in A13_menu_walker, but it's to complicate for me.

Can You help me?

Thanks Dario

• AirAir
    Ok I have tested and here is code that will work. Change line ~738 that looks like
    $menu_desc = $depth === 0? trim(get_post_meta($item->object_id, '_menu_desc', true)) : '';
    to

if($item->ID === 1028){ //important line 1
                $menu_desc = 'your description';  //important line 2
            }
            else{
                $menu_desc = $depth === 0? trim(get_post_meta($item->object_id, '_menu_desc', true)) : '';
            }

In important line 2 you set your description.
    In important line 1 you have to change 1028 to ID of your link. To get that ID:
    1. Go to your menu
    2. Open your custom link in menu
    3. Hover over remove link.
    4. In status bar(or in href of this link) you will see address with menu-item=1028. That is your ID there:-)

Hope you can handle this.

With regards.
  • Thank you very much, It works and it's perfect!!! :-)