Before you ask please READ THIS

How to remove the light gray outline between navigational bar & background?

edited November 2012 in Hypershot Posts: 50
I made the navigational bar transparent so my photos could be seen top to bottom without the default "white" navigational bar cutting off the subjects heads. However, even as I made the navigational bar transparent I can't seem to remove the light gray line that separates the navigational bar from the background. You still see the outline (please see picture below)......how do I get rid of that?

Comments

• AirAir
    edited November 2012 Posts: 10,970
    This is shadow.
    You have to add custom CSS like
    #header{
    box-shadow: none;
    }
    Here you can find way to add this custom CSS http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/#!/modification_of_theme

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • I'm sorry, I know this all is very straight forward to you but when I go to that link there are like 5 different options for adding custom CSS. Can you please show a video tutorial on this? Thanks
  • AirAir
    Sorry but I won't do video for such thing(I even don't have tools to do it), and you should even try to read what is in documentation. If you have read link I send you, you will find this
    For changes in css you can also use plugin. To do it first install this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/pc-custom-css/ activate it, and next go to Appearance->Custom CSS. There you can insert your custom css.
    It is not hard, just try, and open this link. If you don't know how to install plugin then search for help on google, it is normal and easy wordpress action.

There is even detailed info on plugin page how to install it http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/pc-custom-css/installation/ but you can also search for this plugin via your wordpress and make it to do all the "hard work" with installing plugin.

I will explain as far as I can, but I can't explain basics of wordpress, as I am not here for it, but to help you with skin that is made for wordpress.

Please just give another try in reading everything carefully.

With kindly regards.

Post edited by Air on
  • Hello
    I also wanted to get rid of the shadow there . I did followed the exact procedure . please see the attachment . But the shadow is still on . would you please help .
    screen02.jpg
    987 x 539 - 100K
  • AirAir
    Now live link please, so I could check what went wrong :-)
  • AirAir
    I can see that plugin do even show in source code. Are you using some kind of cache plugin for wordpress? Try switching off every plugin, but not CSS plugin, and check if it will work.

With regards.
  • Well maybe the problem is into the instal of that plug in ? !
    cause when downloading , Safari did unzip the folder so I did " upload " only the file called plugin.php and not the file called admin.php .... could it be there ? the problem ?
    And while I am here , I did also test my email adress into the contact ... and I m getting my same test email all over again and again every +- 5 minutes :(
  • I did reinstall again and it still do not work . what should I do ? I mean, to remove that drop shadow on the header . thank you
    plugins.jpg
    1457 x 515 - 136K
  • AirAir
    Please send me admin access to your wordpress, so I could check by myself what is going on. You can create new account in wordpress just for this test, and send me username and password by private message here on forum.
    Berniblue said: And while I am here , I did also test my email adress into the contact ... and I m getting my same test email all over again and again every +- 5 minutes :(
    Start new topic and explain further, where did you do what, cause I don't get it, sorry :-)

With regards.

• how can I send you a private message here ?
  • AirAir
    I have changed your permalinks to one before last in Permalinks settings and it started to work, it must have been some "server rewrite cache bug" ;-)

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 13
    Tried this with plugin and changing style.css in child theme, still got shadow, when hiding layout. What can I try?
    And I can say, that PC Custom CSS works, 'cause it's changing some other colors immidietly.

List of ACTIVE plugins:
    AJAX Thumbnail Rebuild
    IntenseDebate
    PC Custom CSS
    Sociable RE
    WP Retina 2x

Wordpress version -- 3.6.1.
    Hypershot child theme Version 1.3.3

Custom css:
    #header{
    }
    #footer {
    color: #808080;
    }
    url:http://www.mrakor.com
    problem1.jpg
    1296 x 850 - 187K
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    Cause of fixed header since 1.3.x version new code looks like this
    #header-container{
    }
    With regards.
  • Thanx, that worked. =)
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 36
    I have the oposite question. I would like shadow line in the same color as main menue separator lines.Because i don't have that line under my menue and it looks "empty"
    Separator.JPG
    1386 x 630 - 131K
    Separator.JPG
    1386 x 630 - 170K
    Post edited by Yield on
  • AirAir
    Use this CSS:

#header-container {
    box-shadow: 0 1px 2px #262626;
    }
    With regards.
    Worked like a charm!