Before you ask please READ THIS

Menu items not showing and Thumbnail issues

edited August 2014 in Beach Please Posts: 3
Hi

I purchased you apollo beach theme a while ago and have just got round to using it... i am having some problems though...

No matter what i do i cannot seem to get the links or galleries to show in the menu.. i add them on there and it looks like they are in the menu but when i look at the front end of the site they are not there

Also i cannot get the icons to work on the menu either, i have looked through all the comments here and have tried anything i have seen to make them work but still nothing

the other thing, i have made a gallery called portfolio and when i set it to brick it shows a thumbnail that crops the picture in a way that doesn't work but i can't seem to find a way to make the thumbnail look better... actually what i would really like is a masonry gallery but i can't see an option for that.. is there a possibility i could have that option?

if you can supply me with a place i can send all the login information privately so you can have a look that would be great

Look forward to hearing from you and thanks for a fantastic theme

Steve

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Please don't ask many different questions in one topic. Explanation here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#Item_1

Version of theme used?
    Strobes said: No matter what i do i cannot seem to get the links or galleries to show in the menu.. i add them on there and it looks like they are in the menu but when i look at the front end of the site they are not there
    Do you have any cache plugins installed?
    Strobes said: the other thing, i have made a gallery called portfolio and when i set it to brick it shows a thumbnail that crops the picture in a way that doesn't work but i can't seem to find a way to make the thumbnail look better
    http://apollo13.eu/docs/beach/#!/plugins_recomendations_rebuliding_thumbnails

With regards.
    Hi

Sorry for the multiple requests i did not know

I tried the ajax thumbnail rebuild but it doesn't do what i wanted... for example the site creates a thumbnail for an image, lets say a full body shot of a person and then the thumbnail cuts off the head and the feet so it doesn't look right... in that case i would probably crop the thumbnail to just the head or something like that but there is no option on the site to do that. (there is in the regular wordpress gallery but i don't like how it looks inside your template

as for the other issue i don't have any cache plugins installed, any pages that i add to the menu show up fine its only when it is a link or a gallery or anything else other than a page

Thanks for the fast response
    also i am using the latest version of the theme
  • AirAir
    About gallery items in menu problem:
    Could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

About thumbnails:
    When cropping images Wordpress by default cut them to center as this is most safe approach. If you want images to be full height then set its height to 0 in gallery settings http://apollo13.eu/docs/beach/#!/galleries_menu

To make images cropped but from top there is only way to make it manually or find some plugin that changes default cropping approach.

With regards.