Before you ask please READ THIS

Custom Error Pages

Dear Support team,
My custom error pages are not taken into account anymore. While attempting to go on a page that doesn't exist it seems it is going to a 404 page proper to hypershot theme instead of mine defined in the htaccess file.
ex: www.nomadnocry.com/doesntexistpage.html
should display
www.nomadnocruy.com/404.php page
I tried to remove 404.php or replace it by mine in both theme Hypershot and hypershot_child but no change. Could you please tell me how to proceed?

Thanks and kind regards,
Charles
www.nomadnocry.com

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi there:-)
    charlyzbox said: My custom error pages are not taken into account anymore. While attempting to go on a page that doesn't exist it seems it is going to a 404 page proper to hypershot theme instead of mine defined in the htaccess file.
    I don't think wordpress allow for such action, as it has own rewrite rules, that redirects everything to index.php form where WP decides which template should be used.
    charlyzbox said: I tried to remove 404.php or replace it by mine in both theme Hypershot and hypershot_child but no change. Could you please tell me how to proceed?
    If you replaced 404.php file in theme, then only thing that can prevent you from seeing what you want is cache, either on your server, WP or browser.

With kind regards.
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Indeed I don't understand, all cache has been cleared but still the same issue. Any idea? It used to work properly in the past but don't know exactly since when this problem exists...
    Kind Regards,
    Charles
  • AirAir
    If you like I can take a look.

Could you please send me temporary access(create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail) to your WP and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK(!!!) to topic it applies to.

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,
    All details in PM. Please delete my message sent to activity instead of private message by mistake!
    Thx!
  • AirAir
    charlyzbox said:How could this 404 page be displayed below my logo and menu in the frame usually used for the content; like the default wordpress 404 was doing? What code should be modified to do so? Thx for your support,
    Kind Regards
    Is this your current 404 page http://nomadnocry.com/sdsdwa ? Nice ;-)

You can take a look at default 404.php template and try to insert all you code where now is <?php get_template_part( 'no-content'); ?>, it is line 17.

I am not sure it will work like charm, but you can try.

With kind regards.
    Oups, seems my previous answer has not been sent on this topic. So yes, it worked perfectly in this way. Many thanks for your support!