Before you ask please READ THIS

feature request: Subtitle and text on the blog page

edited April 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 10
If possible, I'd like to request the feature of being able to show the subtitle and some introduction text on the blog page (possibly just the text from the page that's used as the blog).

Comments

• AirAir
    edited April 2013 Posts: 10,970
    Hello

Could you extend your request? Cause now on blog list every post is displayed with: title and text(excerpt or text till "more"). Post don't have subtitles.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    I mean a short, static introduction to the blog in general as a subtile to the page - between the title and the blog posts.

We're using our blog mainly as an inspiration catalogue for our design process. It would be nice to have a short text in the style of the subtile on the contact page, for example. Something like:

(title)THE BLOG
    (subtitle)here we post some of the things that inspire us

(blog post 1) (blog post 2) (etc)
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

OK now it is easier to understand :-)
    Question is: Do you use Blog as main page or you use separate page for blog? In case of second I would have better option for you, but if it doesn't matter for you this should be also fine:-)
    Go to advance/utilities.php line~956 and change:
    if ( !empty( $title ) ){
    echo '' . $title . '';
    }
    to:
    if ( !empty( $title ) ){
    echo '' . $title . '';
    echo 'Your subtitle';
    }
    With regards.
    I use blog page as main page and i want to change subtitle. Is there any choice in menus? Default subtitle is last post's subtitle.
    Cool, thanks. I'll try it out when I get the chance.

btw, is there going to be a changelog available for version 1.1?
  • AirAir
    semih said: I use blog page as main page and i want to change subtitle. Is there any choice in menus? Default subtitle is last post's subtitle.
    Posts don't have subtitles, so I don't know what are you talking about. You can be more clear with link or screen shot.
    KasperAae said: btw, is there going to be a changelog available for version 1.1?
    You have changelog.txt in main directory :-)

With regards.
    I want to write custom title in "İnfo bar: Blog Title"

• AirAir
    Are you sure you are using Beach Please theme?

With regards.
    no hypershot, can you help anyway?
  • AirAir
    Yes, but start new topic in proper category please.

With regards.