Before you ask please READ THIS

showing version 1 instead of 1.6 - shortcodes not working

edited May 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 17
Bought this nice theme last week and i couldn't figure out how the shortcodes work. I have found on the forum that there was a problem with shortcode functionality on the previous version. I should have 1.6 or even newer version but it still showing version 1???

Comments

Hi kavstudio,

Here is a tutorial how to use shortcodes:
    http://apollo13.eu/docs/skyfashion/#!/shortcodes

With regards
    I don't think the shortcodes work on the version I got. it still shows as version 1 - see photo. I have tried to use video shortcode to add video to the portfolio item and still cannot do it. i can insert video using "add image and video" but there is no size option and I don't know how to re-size the video. see attached 3 printscreen
    wordpress printscreen.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 368K
    shortcode not working.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 314K
    version 1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 247K
    Hi kavstudio,

In your "theme panel" you should have displayed Skyfashion in version 1.8. Could you download once again our skin and install it? If problem occur once again please send me your a temporary login info (wordpress and ftp) on private message. I will check why you have this version of our skin and i will update it.

With regards
    i did downloaded once again from themeforest and installed with "upgrade existing theme" changed to YES
    and still showing version 1
    please let me know how to send a private message and i will send you my wordpress login details
    Hi kavstudio,

Click on my nick and there you will find option to send message .

With regards
    Hi kavstudio,

Your version of theme is now correct.

With regards
    Yes I have noticed. thank you so much for your help
    Hello,
    I have the same problem. New install last week with version 1.0. I have try to download a new zip at themeforest and upload as "skyfasion_new.zip" wich is althoug version 1.0. Were can get the newest version??

regards
    Rudi
    send a private message to Argone with login details and he will fix it for you.

Hi wiesnpris,

Firstly please try to upload files with FTP to your Worpdress and let me know if it works.

With regards
    Hi Argone,
    I have tried to upload via FTP but it doesn't work either. -> Version 1.0

Send you yesterday a private message with the login's

With regards
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 493
    Hi,

Downloading system has changed. Please download full package of our theme from the themeforest and than install it in your wordpress (not only package with installation on wordpress).

If this problem still occures please send an WP login and password with this form http://themeforest.net/user/apollo13 (bottom-right corner)

We are sorry for this problem.

With regards
    Post edited by Daniel on
    Hi,
    this works!!! Maybe you should have only one file to download at themeforest?

thanks a lot
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 7
    I have re-installed the theme, and this now shows 1.8. Thanks. But...I don't see the shortcodes menu on the post or page edit screens now.
    Post edited by mckinleyIRG on
  • I have re-installed the theme, and this now shows 1.8. Thanks. But...I don't see the shortcodes menu on the post or page edit screens now.
  • This was followed, thanks, and worked fine. I see that in 1.5 the shortcodes menu was replaced by the green add shortcodes button at the top of the post--I did not notice this since I jumped from 1.0 to 1.8. Resolved.

see http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/288/skyfashion-ver.-1.5-updated-18.10.2012-important-note-1.2#Item_1