Before you ask please READ THIS

Make "latest blog posts" thumbnails bigger

edited June 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 18
Is it possible to make the featured thumbnails under "Latest Blog Posts" larger? To about 200-300px rather than the standard thumbnail size.

Comments

Oh, and the blog that we need help with is www.ourmode.ca, however it's currently inaccessible as we're undergoing maintenance.
    Hi ourmode,

Do you mean Latest blog posts on main page?

With regards
    Yes, the Latest blog posts on the main page.
    Hi ourmode,

Firstly in your front-page.php file find line
    <a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail(array(75, 75), array('class' => 'latest_blog_post_img')); ?></a>
    change it in placeholders YOUR WIDTH and YOUR HEIGHT :
    <a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail(array(YOUR WIDHT , YOUR HEIGHT), array('class' => 'latest_blog_post_img')); ?></a>
    after that find a file common/css/skeleton/laytout.css and in this file find a definition:
     img.latest_blog_post_img {
        float: left;
        height: 75px;
        margin-right: 20px;
        width: 75px;
    }
    And change it to:
    }
    Let me know if it works

With regards
    The first two steps I had no problem with.

However I couldn't find the file "after that find a file common/css/skeleton/laytout.css" where the img.latest_blog_post_img definition is found.
    Hi ourmode,

You have to do it with FTP client if you want to access this file. It is in your skyfashion theme folder.

With regards
    So I found exactly what you described to me, through FTP client, within the Skyfashion theme folder.

However, the file Downloaded onto my computer into a non-editable file. How would we actually go about making those edits to the definition?
    Would we essentially have to edit the original Skyfashion theme that we downloaded, make the changes, then re-upload onto Bluehost cPanel to overwrite?
    Screen Shot 2013-06-13 at 10.38.14 AM.png
    1252 x 703 - 148K
    Hi,

Ok, we will try to make it easier. Install plugin like this http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/pc-custom-css/ activate it, and next go to Appearance->Custom CSS. There you can insert your custom CSS. If it won't work be sure to set Permalinks like explained here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/3831#Comment_3831

Code to insert into plugin:
        float: none;
        height: auto;
        width: auto;
    }
    Let me know if it works

With regards