Before you ask please READ THIS

Portfolio Page SEO Title pulling from wrong page

edited June 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 18
Hi. I recently changed the following:

Site options: portfolio page: and selected a new page I created for the portfolio page. Everything is working except that the SEO title I entered is pulling from the old page I had set as the portfolio page, not the new one. I cleared my cache, but can't seem to figure out why it isn't showing the correct SEO title. Is there somewhere else I can change this? I viewed the source code and it's still listing the incorrect page information as well, but the content on the page is correct.

The old portfolio page was set as the blog page...not sure if that has anything to do with it.

In addition, this page was added to my header and footer menus, but doesn't stay highlighted when on the page.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

Hi fildaisi,

Please send me a link to your page.

With regards
    Can anyone help with this?
    I checked on our testing page this issue. Are you using some SEO plugins?

What do you have in your "slug" form (i mean short name of this page?)

With regards
    I am using the All in One SEO plugin. The slug is press.
    I think the issue I may be having is I have a portfolio page and a blog page. The blog page slug is manifesto and the template chosen is blog. The portfolio page slug is press and the template chosen is portfolio. Is there a way to have both a blog page and a portfolio page?
    Of course. You can have two pages blog and portfolio.

With regards
    Are you able to answer my question as to why i'm having this issue with the title?
    Hi flidaisi,

I think that it can not be a problem with skyfashion theme. Please try to change theme to other for a a test and check if you still have this problem.

With regards
    Hello again. Per your request I tried a different theme and the SEO titles were fine. I switched back to this theme and they are wrong again. In addition, I upgraded this theme and I can no longer select a Portfolio page in theme options, the menu still doesn't highlight the page titled "Press" which is my portfolio page when it's selected, and the blog sidebar on the main blog page isn't working. As stated before, I am using the All in One SEO plugin and the slug is press. Please let me know if you can help or if you need other information to do so. Thank you.
    Flidaisi,

Firstly please update Skyfashion to 2.1 version.

I'm currently resolving simmilar issue on this page:

http://www.support.apollo13.eu/discussion/1457/changing-portfolio-slugs#Item_13

With regards
    I already upgraded to version 2.1. Please advise.
    The advice you posted in the other discussion did not fix the problem. Please advise.
    Any advice on how to fix this problem?
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 18
    Would really like to get this resolved asap. Thanks.
    Post edited by flidaisi on
    Hi,

Could you send me login data to your wordpress at private msg?
    I will try to resolve this problem from back end of WP.

With regards
    How do I private message you?
    This option is available on forum.

Click on my nick, then in left corner "Send Argone a message".

Kind regards
  • Sent a few messages...please help if you can.
  • Thank you for your response via private message, but unfortunately it didn't address any of the issues I'm having. I am not having issues with the slug. Slugs are all displayed correctly. I am having issues with the following:

1. Blog sidebar not working on main blog page
    2. Portfolio page (press) pulling blog page SEO info as entered in the All in One SEO plugin
    3. Can no longer assign Portfolio page in theme options
    4. Press page name does not stay highlighted in menu bars when it is selected the way the others do.
    5. Blog page pulls short description from Press page (both pages say "as seen in" after the title)
    6. The main blog page doesn't list this information at all (Blog | short description)
    7. My blog menu option also doesn't highlight when blog post selected

Did you login to my account to take a look at these issues? (resent login info via private message). If none of this can be fixed, I need to know so that I can move on and start using a different theme.

Thanks
  • Uploaded to version 2.4 and my issues are still not working. I sent a private message. please advise.

Thank you,
    Alison
  • Hello?
    Hi flidaisi,

Ive tested your issue list, and it seems to be checked on our WP instantion.

Check if you can assign Portfolio page in theme options - it was added in our 2.4 skyfashion theme (your 3 point on the list).

• I uploaded version 2.4 and assigned the Portfolio page in theme options prior to my September 23rd comment. I still have these issues:

1. Blog sidebar not working on main blog page
    2. Portfolio page (press) pulling blog page SEO info as entered in the All in One SEO plugin
    3. Press page name does not stay highlighted in menu bars when it is selected the way the others do.
    4. The main blog page doesn't list this information at all (Blog | short description)
    5. My blog menu option also doesn't highlight when blog post selected

In addition, I've noticed that the footer menu does not work on mobile.
    Hi flidaisi,

i know that its strange but could you tell me where do you host your wordpress?

Kind regards
  • DirectNic
    Hi,

About sidebar - please create one revolution slider. We had simillar problem once in past. Creation of it resolved problem of sidebar in blog.

Kind regards