Before you ask please READ THIS

I can only upload 94 images per album.

edited August 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 26
I actually can upload more than 94 images but only 94 images show up in the actual album. If you look at the screenshot you'll se that something funky happens on image #94. The thumbnail is their, but the description disappears and from 95 and on it looks like there would be an image(and there is in fact an image in the media library). but I can't get that image to be viewable in the album. I have the same issue on all of my albums. Please help.

Thanks,
Matt
Screen Shot 2013-08-26 at 9.16.38 PM.png
822 x 532 - 97K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

This problem shows up on some servers and this is always different limit. Anyway adding so many photos to single album is not recommended. On you place I would break big albums on few smaller ones.

Here are other similar topic:
    http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/550/album-image-limits/p1
    http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/1408/limited-at-93-images-per-albums/p1
    http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/923/only-78-pictures-album-possible-need-more/p1

I can't recreate this issue on my server, and to test what is causing limit on some servers I would need whole access to site with datebase, FTP and everything, which no one will give me. For now case exist as unresolved.

With regards.
    Since you don't seem to have any problems, who do you host with? I am hosting with mediatemple.net grid service.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Ok so I increased all of the limits in my php.ini file to 999MB and I'm getting the same issue. At this point I would have to say there is an issue with your theme. Now what do you intend to do about it? it seems that you are taking the easy road out rather than coming up with solutions for your themes shortcomings. Please advise.

-Matt
  • AirAir
    viintage said: who do you host with?
    I host on Polish hosting provider nazwa.pl
    viintage said: it seems that you are taking the easy road out rather than coming up with solutions for your themes shortcomings.
    That is very unfair statement. I don't know based on what you put such opinion.
    Our customers helped us a lot in finding all sort of things that should be better or not worked proper.
    viintage said: Now what do you intend to do about it?
    This issue always sit in back of my head, cause I don't like such things that are so hard to diagnose. As I said I tried earlier asking for full access to servers of users that encountered this problem.
    I will try again to put as many images as I can in album and check if I can hit any limit. Maybe around 300 is my limit, but this is just pure guess that I can hit it.
    viintage said: Ok so I increased all of the limits in my php.ini file to 999MB and I'm getting the same issue.
    You know this issue is not happening on save of album so PROBABLY this is not connected to PHP limits. There are various other limits and I suspect database, but it also doesn't feel like this. Maybe it is some limit of attachments per post/album.

Hope this time I could find out what is going on.

With regards.
    Sorry to sound like I am accusing you of not caring. It just seems that there are issues that are not being addressed. Since I have used other themes and been able to upload thousands of images at one time without this same issue, it seems that the issue is not with my server but more with the scripts running your theme.

I also realize that you may not agree with uploading so many images at one time. But to create solutions for your customers you sometimes have to think outside of your uses and think of the needs of those using your creation.

I definitely want to help you figure out the issue. It would be very beneficial to all. Hopefully we can resolve this together. I love the theme and I am glad that you created such a perfect solution. Now we just need to iron out the wrinkles.

Thanks for all your hard work,
    -Matt
  • AirAir
    viintage said: Since I have used other themes and been able to upload thousands of images at one time without this same issue, it seems that the issue is not with my server but more with the scripts running your theme.
    Yeah I never said different. We just don't know yet what is limiting script in some cases of server configuration.

When I will get some new info about it I will respond here, so stay tuned:-)

With regards.

• AirAir
    Hello

I still couldn't get to limit even when I got 250 images, but I see what could cause issue- it is speed of server while saving post and time limit of execution that is usually 30 seconds. I will try to rework this part to be much more optimal but it will be kind of challenge to rebuild now:-)

I will do my best :-)

With regards.
  • With all due respect I don't think that is the issue. Take a look at this video screencast of the issue and maybe it will help to track down the problem.

Hopefully this helps.
    -Matt
  • AirAir
    Thanks for movie, it will help definitely, but for now for some reason I can't view it:-|
    Maybe Youtube is making something with it. I will try later.

With regards.
  • AirAir
    edited September 2013 Posts: 10,970
    Hi

Thanks for this movie, now I am sure that issue ocure on save, not while adding.
    I have checked two of my albums how does they look in database.

One is 2 photo album and second one is 271 photos.
    "2 photo" have 24 additional meta fields to describe photos.
    "271 photos" have 3252 additional meta fields to describe photos.

I believe that is the case. Probably each field is saved individually(new query) by Wordpress, and if that is true then I might know what is happening.

Some server has various limits concerning databases. I think in this case it maybe for example 1000 inserts to database per page call. 94*12 = 1128 so it may true, but numbers maybe different and limit may be somewhere else but in same scope :-)

Sooooo :-) I need to make some optimization and fit all that photos in one(1!) meta field. I hope this will fix it.
    It is same thing like coping 1 file that size is 1GB, and 1000 files that together take 1GB of space. Second option is much slooower.

It will take me some time, but great we now have some clue about this case:-)

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    Ooo and what wrote before I have checked for Spaceship and it has more fields so there limits might be lower(that fits info I received from other users, that it was ~78 photos limit). In Hypershot there are 8 custom meta fields per image. I am even more sure now that this it:-)

With regards.
  • Ok, Awesome! I'm glad that the video helped to possibly solve the problem. Thanks for checking into it. Please let me know if I can help in any other way. Once again, Hypershot is the theme I have been looking for, for a long time! So, I will do anything I can to make it better. Until you have corrected the issue, is there anything I can do to allow more images to be uploaded? Maybe on my php.ini file. I am not very good with server side, so just checking.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • AirAir
    Thanks for all you help till now.
    If this are limits I wrote about, then nothing can be done by you. Still, I also don't have big knowledge about server settings:-)

I think I should be done today wth working version, so update should be available in few days, maybe Monday, maybe today ;-)

With regards.
  • Ok great! Thanks for getting to it so quickly. That make s me excited about the future of Hypershot and Apollo themes.

Thanks,
    Matt
  • AirAir
    Hey I asked you question via private message about testing update. I will wait one hour more for your answer. After it we will take risk and release it:-)

With regards.
  • AirAir
    Update is ready to download from ThemeForest. Please test it and report is it better now :-)

Thanks!
  • Thanks for your efforts. Unfortunately, I am still being cut off at 94 images. I actually deleted 20 images from an album that I had 100 images in and when I uploaded 20 images to the gallery the last image that uploaded correctly was number 94. I can submit a video if you think it would be helpful. Just let me know.

Thanks,
    Matt
  • I just tried again uploading low res images and it cut me off on image 94 again. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Matt
  • AirAir
    Hi there

That are not good news, cause now I am out of ideas what could limit saving images. Only possibility I can see now is that it is still saving old way, or there is limit how much meta fields can be for one post/album. But still, why such limit not occurs in every installation.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WP and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option to send message) . In message please attach link to topic it applies to. I promise no one in front-end can see debug info I will produce.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Hello, im also facing the same limit issue.. it would only allow me to add 94 pictures in one album..
  • AirAir
    GreenNoise said: im also facing the same limit issue
    Ok, thanks for reporting. Were you using Hypershot 1.3.3 from start or you updated recently?

viintage just gave me great access to installation with such issue so I will be checking out what it could be.

With regards.
  • Hi, I tried with 1.3.1 and didnt work past 94 images.. Now i updated to 1.3.3 and still same issue.. I select the multiple images, then insert them, at this point I can see the thumbnails but as soon as I publish or update the thumbs disappear and the images wont show up..
  • Also its really annoying to remove items ONE BY ONE... there is no checkbox or shift select to do it,,,
  • AirAir
    Thanks for info. If you read this topic then you know you are repeating info viintage provided :-)
    GreenNoise said: Also its really annoying to remove items ONE BY ONE
    Albums are rather designed to add massive numbers of photos, rather then massive removing, but I understand your issue. However if we will resolve what is limiting number of items then probably you will never again remove massive number of items:-)

I will respond here when I will get some new info on topic. Meanwhile I am closing this to keep this discussion clean.

With regards.
  • AirAir
    I had enlightenment today about this case.
    Thanks to viintage access I have found what is going on. It is limit of how much data can be send per page refresh. Same as described here http://stackoverflow.com/a/8904670 some servers has limit of 1000 fields per page. With 94 images in Hypershot we are reaching 1001 fields.
    I don't have idea for now how to limit data send, as we need all these fields, but now we know what is going on so I will find solution eventually:-)

Meanwhile if you have access to php.ini in your server then you can edit it as described in above link.

Thanks for all help viintage once again!
    Post edited by Air on
  • You are welcome! Glad I could help. Thanks for your hard work to find a solution.
    -Matt
  • Yay!!!!!!!! It worked!!!!! All you have to do is add this to your php.ini file

max_input_vars = 5000

That solved the problem!
    Thanks again for helping to resolve this issue.
    All the best,
    -Matt
  • AirAir
    Thanks for confirming it helps:-)

For now it is solution, but not everyone will have access to php.ini. Probably I will rebuild whole saving system of images and base it on JavaScript, so again instead 12 fields per image it will send one big for all.

With regards.
  • I added max_input_vars = 5000 to my php.ini file located on root of my ftp server but still having the same limit issue... This is not a solution for me..
  • AirAir
    AFAIK after change in php.ini server has to be restarted so it will read once again php.ini.

If any problems, please ask your hosting provider about changes in php.ini

Meanwhile there is no other solution for that case, sorry:-( Unless there is other setting in server that is blocking sending more then 1000 fields by POST method.

I explained more about future resolving this in theme here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/6756#Comment_6756

With regards.