Before you ask please READ THIS

enable shortcode in photo description field

edited September 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 5
Hi there - I saw the thread about enabling shortcodes in the Album Description field - I would like to enable them in the Photo description field. I tried a couple of things but couldn't get it to work. Do you know how to do this? Thanks!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

I think this should come in handy http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/5957#Comment_5957

With regards.
  • That is the thread I already referred to - it shows how to put a shortcode in the ALBUM description field, but I need to put it in in the PHOTO description field - so the code referred to in the link above doesn't work for this.
  • AirAir
    Maybe you don't mean photo in album, cause above link refers to image description as well. Can you show via link or screen what element you mean?

With regards.
  • Sure - attached is a screenshot of where I am trying to place a shortcode. It actually seems to get stripped out upon saving because if I go back into edit the Album after saving it, the shortcode has disappeared. Thanks!
    shortcode in photo description.jpg
    1155 x 741 - 169K
  • AirAir
    webtw said: It actually seems to get stripped out upon saving
    That is rather strange. Does other shortcodes also get stripped? Try for example [button class="green" url="/"]Press[/button]

Please tell me have you made changes explained in topic I linked before?

With regards.
  • I tried this - [button class="green" url="/"]Press[/button]
    and it also got stripped out.

I made the change referred to in the other topic, although I didn't find that code on line 231, I found it at line 247.

• AirAir
    webtw said: I made the change referred to in the other topic, although I didn't find that code on line 231, I found it at line 247.
    Yes there were some update since that post so it might get shifted.
    Anyway I have found issue, it was caused by using ". I have fixed it plus added native support for shortcodes in photo/album description.

One more fix and we will release update.

Thanks for help!

With regards.
  • AirAir
    In few hours there will be update 1.4.1. Please check then is it better.

Sorry for issues and with regards.
  • Sounds great - thanks so much for taking the time to address this issue and build it into your theme - I really appreciate it!