Before you ask please READ THIS

Problem with slider.

edited October 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 12
Hi,

I’ve a problem that is really weird.

First : i tried to add a default “slideshow” gallery in a post. I have a post with 20+ photos and i want to have a slideshow to enhance to browsing. The slideshow do appear but above the title of post. That means we see the slideshow when browsing the blog. (Even with Post excerpts) I would like to get this slideshow INTO the content of the post. How can i do that?

Second : I bought two slider (quite 20$ each) to add in the front page. None of them works with post page or article of your theme. So now i have two plugins useless for me. I’ve tried more than 15 slider plugins downloaded directly from the wordpress library but haven’t found my wish yet or sometimes they don’t work. (Don’t know if it is because of your theme, don’t think so for all the cases)

So my question : is there a possibility to add a complete slideshow/slider management plugin to add in your theme? And if so which one?

I relaly want to enhance the front page to have more than a photo slideshow. For information the two plugins that o bought are cute slider and lbg zoom-in-out-slider

Thanks in advance for your support.
Regards.
Elnuevo.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello
    elnuevo said: I would like to get this slideshow INTO the content of the post. How can i do that?
    That is cause it is treated same as featured image. I believe there were some topics about removing it from view in post list like this one http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/4360#Comment_4360
    elnuevo said: Second : I bought two slider (quite 20$ each) to add in the front page.
    Firstly you should start new topic as this is another case. Secondly: be more specific and show what does it mean it doesn't work, live link would be much help.
    elnuevo said: So my question : is there a possibility to add a complete slideshow/slider management plugin to add in your theme? And if so which one?
    We have not tested any external slider plugins with this theme, but I believe in most cases it should work without much of work. As I said, you need to be specific(exact plugin, live link with issue, etc.)
    elnuevo said: I relaly want to enhance the front page to have more than a photo slideshow. For information the two plugins that o bought are cute slider and lbg zoom-in-out-slider
    You can use Album as front page if nothing else will work. It has slider version.

Hope we will find some solutions to these issues.

With regards.
    Thanks for your answers, i'll check this all out and provide you an exemple of my problem(s)
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 12
    Air said: That is cause it is treated same as featured image. I believe there were some topics about removing it from view in post list like this one http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/4360#Comment_4360
    This is not fully working, yes the slider will NOT show in blog page (Post excerpts) but it will show above the title when viewing the full post.

I want the slider AS content in the post.

Thanks in advance.

Post edited by elnuevo on
  • AirAir
    So you want it under title in post, so this might help:
    Go to single.php line ~16 find this code:

<?php
                        if(get_post_meta(get_the_ID(), '_widget_area', true) == 'off')
                            a13_top_image_video( get_the_ID(), 940, 0, 'full' );
                        else
                            a13_top_image_video( get_the_ID(), 600 );
                    ?>

and move it to content, so code from line ~26

<div class="real-content">
                        <?php the_content(); ?>
                        <div class="clear"></div>
                    </div>

will look like this

<?php
                        else
                    ?>
                        <?php the_content(); ?>
                    </div>

:-)

With regards.
    ok, tried this and result is in the file attached.

I think we are quite close but don't know from where it comes. All the slider plugins are disabled.

Also, in the second attachement, can you tell me how to get the pages titles visible please. Didn't find where to setup this. As you can see on the screenshot i can't see the title without selecting it with the mouse.

Thanks in advance.
    slider-problem.jpg
    1152 x 648 - 73K
    title-page-problem.jpg
    1067 x 195 - 15K
  • AirAir
    elnuevo said: I think we are quite close but don't know from where it comes. All the slider plugins are disabled.
    Live link please.
    elnuevo said: Also, in the second attachement, can you tell me how to get the pages titles visible please. Didn't find where to setup this. As you can see on the screenshot i can't see the title without selecting it with the mouse.
    Please no double questions in one topic, read more here!
    CSS for this was posted many times on forum. See this http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/2388#Comment_2388

With regards.
    Thanks.

There is no live link because it is on fully private server. You need any source code from the page?

Regards.
  • AirAir
    Try moving first cited code before <div class="real-content"> so it won't get custom styles.

With regards.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 12
    Yes it works ! Thanks :)
    Post edited by elnuevo on
    <article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>
    <div class="date_n_author"><?php echo a13_date_and_author(); ?><span class="post-icon"></span></div>
    <h1 class="post-title"><?php the_title() ?></h1>
    <?php
    else
    ?>

<?php the_content(); ?>
    </div>
    Another question for the slider, is there possibility to fix the height of photos in portrait mode?

Like i have a slider with some portraits photos but i want to display it with a height of 400px.

Possible?

Thanks in advance for your support.
  • AirAir
    Hello again:-)

I believe this answer should help http://stackoverflow.com/a/13203529

With regards.