Before you ask please READ THIS

Sub menu doesn't close on Mobile

edited October 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 23
Hello!

i'm having trouble trying to fix some odd behavior on the menu in mobile 640px screen (iphone).

When i click on a item at the menu, it shows de sub-menu.. but then i can't close the submenu... even if i close the whole menu.. when i open again, the sub-menu is still open. IT's supposed to close when i click again, right? or if i open another sub-menu... or even if i close the whole menu and open again. None of them is working.

http://www.museunaif.com - Can you help me fix this?

Thank you :)

Comments

• AirAir
    marcusvpais said: IT's supposed to close when i click again, right?
    Nope it is not that way. Why? Often(most of time) link that you click to open submenu is also link to its own page. If clicking this link would only open/close submenu, then what action should open page hidden under "opener" link?
    That is why(on touch screens) first click shows submenu and second one acts as normal link.
    marcusvpais said: or if i open another sub-menu...
    That would be nightmare :-) If above your new, just clicked submenu, will hide old one, it would move all links from place they were before, possibly even off-screen.
    marcusvpais said: or even if i close the whole menu and open again.
    Well, not necessary. How often user will click menu, show subemnu, then hide menu, and again open menu and will like this time to go to different part of menu. I rather believe that leaving submenu open as it was before user closed menu is better.

But again this is only my opinion:-)

With regards.
  • Ok, your call :)

Can you tell me where can i edit the html Menu for mobile, if i want to implement other kind of menu? i can't do it on header.php
  • AirAir
    There is no separate HTML for mobile:-) Maybe you are looking for Walker code. You can find it in advance/utilites.php line ~712 class A13_menu_walker extends Walker_Nav_Menu {

With regards.
  • Thank you, i'll check on that.