Before you ask please READ THIS

Container transparent / Homepage

edited October 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 12
Hi there,

I have two questions I am dying to learn:
1. how can i make the container transparent, so that all the content (text,pics etc) lying just blank on the main background i stetted up?
2. how is it possible to set up the first page / homepage with a static page i created (like:about) but I still wanna be able to use the 'latest work' widget plus 'hello text', though I'd prefer to make those sections below my own content?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• okay i figured out how to get the container transparent,
    for anyone who'd like to know the code:
    inside of the common/css/skeleton/layout.css add on top

div#main, #nav li a, div#footer {
    background: transparent
    }

but still one question is remaining:
    how to let the white container under the menu disappear,

looking forward to hear from the support - thanks!
    Hi gunnerson,

Please let me know which container would you like to make transparent. Could you send me screenshot with specified element?

Kind regards
  • Hi Argone,

thanks for your fast reply. Attached you find the screenshot.
    Since I changed the 940px wide box to transparent I would like to do the same with the white container under the menu bar. Would be super helpful if you can tell me where to find the code.

The 2nd question i have is about the landing page. There the theme offers the function to display the 'latest work' bar as well as the welcome text, in my case a quote ( also shown in the screenshot ) Is it possible to move those widgets to another page?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Gunnerson

Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 11.57.20 AM.png
    1370 x 1007 - 2M
    Ok gunnerson,

i understand which element :) please send me a link. If you dont want to send it in post just send it through private msg.

Latest works you can add through widget so you can add it into placeholder. If you need to move quote - its not possible at all but you can add a widget with text.

Kind regards
  • here is the link to my page:
    http://www.ieatyou.de/

i checked out the widgets but i only see possibilities to add them for blog, portfolio, ect. possible to place them also on default template pages?

thanks for your fast help :)
    Open file common/css/style-light.css and find:

#nav li {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
    }

and delete it. After that menu will be transparent.

About widget... Default template pages you mean front page?

Kind regards
  • perfect support! worked flawless, thx a lot.

regarding the widgets: my front page will be 'STORY' and in the section 'page attributes' I selected as a template 'default' - means just a simple full width static page. is there any way i can add here the latest work bar or any text widget?

• is it in general possible to select another page as first page than the general front page from the theme? would be grateful if you could come back to me in this matter. thanks a lot!
  • the problem is: when i select in the wp settings under reading another static page as front page it's not showing me my content - only the tools and options given from the theme, like latest work, the hello text - but not my picture and the text i edited on the page. what i am doing wrong?
  • Excuse me - I was thinking quite twisted in this matter and I am sorry to write over and over. Found now the option in the setting panel to add also my about text, so I simply linked it with my desired first page. So the very last question at this point would be how to move the 'latest work' widget and the 'hello text' in my case a quote UNDER my content. Any help would be highly appreciated. Kind regards!
    Which site would you like to set as a front page?
  • would love to have story as my first page / just after the landing page - any way to add the widget 'latest work' there? thanks for coming back on this issue!
    Could you create for me some screenshot? i will try to resolve your problem but i have to see exactly what you need to get on front page.

Kind regards
  • Hi Argone,

i am coming back to you today cos I am still struggling with the same problem. I would like to skip the general front page (which i did now with the help of an index.html - but i need to erase that one cos it's not compatible with the theme). My aim is to show the page 'About' as a first page, exactly as it is, with a picture and text. just straight when you enter the URL http://www.ieatyou.de. Could you please help me in this matter, i need a quick fix. Thanks in advance - Ina
  • sorry - i meant story, not about!
  • AirAir
    Hello

In Settings->Reading set Front page displays to static page and select your page. Also from theme either remove or rename front-page.php file. You can reanme it by prefixing it with _ so it looks like _front-page.php.

It should help.

With regards.