Before you ask please READ THIS

Taxonomy Tag Sorting

edited December 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 10
Hello,

I'm using a plugin to add taxonomy tags to the bottom of the blog posts on my site (www.hey2a.com). When the tags are clicked, they don't seem to sort properly; the page just displays all posts. I'd like only posts assigned to the clicked tag to display.

Standard tags sort just fine. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello.

1. Plugin name.
    2. Does it work on standard theme?
    3. Category and Tags that are now available in theme is not enough for your task?

With regards.
  • Here's the plugin I'm using: http://yoast.com/wordpress/simple-taxonomies/.

I'm not sure about functionality with other themes, but I hoped it would work just like normal tags.

I need a solution that formats tags differently than this theme allows for. This plugin does the trick, except for the sorting problem. :(

Thanks!
  • AirAir
    I have installed this plugin, but I have to idea how to use it to something that is not in core of Wordpress. Maybe I don't understand its job.

Could you point me to your site and write what I have to do to see issue you mentioned? Maybe then I will get it:-)
    Mainewaver said: I need a solution that formats tags differently than this theme allows for.
    Could you explain more what you want?

With regards.
  • If you go to my site (www.hey2a.com), you'll see that each post on the blog (homepage) has some taxonomy fields at the bottom (flight number, origin city, destination city, etc.).

That plugin created these fields and the field values are added with each post. The values show up as hyperlinks at the bottom of each post. When the tag is clicked, I'd like the posts to sort based on that tag value just as normal tags do. For some reason, this isn't working. When any of the links are clicked, the page just loads all of the posts.

Is there a way to fix this? Thanks for the help!
  • AirAir
    OK I understand now. It will take some time for me to test it why it isn't working, but before I do that, please switch to some default worpdress theme for a minute, and check there does it work normal, and report it back here. Thanks:-)

With regards.
  • Nevermind, I found another plugin that works. Thanks!
  • AirAir
    That is great. I will check it out anyway during weekend.

With regards.