Before you ask please READ THIS

localizable items "My Album","Album" and "Add New".

edited January 2014 in Hypershot Posts: 22
Is possible use the localization .po file for these items in ctp_album file? thank u.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

Here you have update language files for admin.

With regards.
    zip
    zip
    admin.zip

thank you, but don't traslate. I had compiled the localized .po and copied in admin folder, but I show it in english. what about?

• AirAir
    I don't know, not enough details. Does other admin phrases show in proper language?

With regards.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 22
    I imported default.po in PoEdit, I typed the strings with localized text, I saved as It_IT.po and copied in hypershot/languages/admin even with the new default.po you sent me, replacing the existing one . but the wp admin menu is not localized.
    1.png
    627 x 718 - 74K
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    edited January 2014 Posts: 10,970
    You are right sorry for problems. Issue is with code in file advance/apollo13.php in line ~112

function set_lang() {
            load_theme_textdomain( TPL_SLUG , TPL_DIR . '/languages' );

$locale = get_locale();
            $locale_file = TPL_DIR ."/languages/$locale.php";
            if ( is_readable($locale_file) )
                require_once ($locale_file);

// For admin translation
            if ( is_admin() ) {
                load_theme_textdomain( TPL_SLUG.'_admin' , TPL_DIR . '/languages/admin' );
            }

to

function set_lang() {
            $pre_path = TPL_DIR .'/languages';
            if ( is_admin() ) {
                // For admin translation
                load_theme_textdomain( TPL_SLUG.'_admin' , TPL_DIR . '/languages/admin' );
                $pre_path .= '/admin';
            }
            else{
                load_theme_textdomain( TPL_SLUG , TPL_DIR . '/languages' );
            }

$locale = get_locale();
            $locale_file = $pre_path."/$locale.php";
            if ( is_readable($locale_file) )
                require_once ($locale_file);

}

It will be add also in new version so don't worry:-)

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    I made ​​the change but it does not work. I'm sorry if this does not serve the client, I do not insist. I send you my file apollo13.php so you can check if I was wrong to correct it. thank u very much.
    zip
    zip
    apollo13.php.zip
  • AirAir
    Have you setup language in wp-config.php - http://apollo13.eu/docs/superior/#!/translating_theme ? Maybe you have some localization plugin installed?

With regards.
    sorry for my english, I wanted to say "if it wasn't useful for the customer, I shouldn't insist" ;)

I had set italian language in wp-config.php - define('WPLANG', 'it_IT'); -

I have not installed any localization plugins, i don't need it, the wordpress is already translated and I chose this template because is multilanguage ready through file .po.
  • AirAir
    I don't know why you don't see translation. I have tested this and it works for me.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WP and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option to send message). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

With regards.
    Unfortunately, the provider does not support multi ftp accounts. since the domain of my client, I am not authorized to give you the login information. for the wp I have no problems. But I can upload here the files that you want to check.
  • AirAir
    I wanted to debug what is going on, cause I don't have idea how to help you further, as it works well for me. Maybe some changes didn't save in your working copy of theme.
    Anyway good luck!

With regards.
  • AirAir
    Hello

After hour of debugging I found out that while updating theme to 1.5.1 you didn't change file advance/cpt_album.php and there where wrong ways of displaying
    "My Albums, Album, Add New ".

Now it works fine.

With regards.
    thank you very much... sorry, but probably when I decided to use child theme instead of modify theme file, I forgot to reset the last updated theme file. now I proceed to translate admin panels. thanks again ;)
  • AirAir
    Good luck!
    just a question: now I want to update the template. Actualy I use a child theme of template, so if I update a file within theme but I use the same file in child-theme folder, read wp the updated file or my "obsolete" child file? or have I to compare the file to update my child file too? and... If I move only IT admin .po file in child folder can I update the template but using my .po file translated. I hope you understand me. tks a lot.
  • AirAir
    I don't know and I am curious also. So test it and let me know how does it work.

With regards.